Sam Raimi Teases Another “Evil Dead” Film

Sam Raimi Teases More Evil Dead Coming

Filmmaker Sam Raimi, out doing some promotional work for this week’s alligator in a flooded house movie “Crawl” which he produced, has revealed another chapter in the “Evil Dead” franchise is being considered for the big screen.

Speaking with Bloody Disgusting, confirms a new film is currently in the early stages of development:

“I’d love to make another one. I don’t think TV is in its future but we’re talking about – Bruce [Campbell], Rob [Tapert] and myself – one or two different ways to go for the next movie. We’d like to make another ‘Evil Dead’ feature and in fact we’re working on some ideas right now.”

Raimi’s original trilogy ran from 1981-1992, the first one was remade without star Bruce Campbell in 2013, and Campbell returned for the Starz TV series “Ash vs Evil Dead” which wrapped only last year.

Raimi has ideas in place for both a follow-up to the 2013 remake, or a new film sequel with Ash. Campbell previously said he was retiring from the role of Ash in 2018 and of that Raimi says:

“I would be thrilled if Bruce Campbell changed his mind about retirement, would come back for the original ‘Evil Dead’ line. But if not, I’m very happy to work with, if Fede [Álvarez] would come back and make the sequel… but he’s such a big shot now. He’s so successful, an artist in demand, that I don’t think he’d want to do that. But there’s also a third possibility we’re talking about…I think you may see some action on the Evil Dead movie in the next six months.”

Alexandre Aja helms “Crawl” which opens everywhere Friday.