– What’s the plot of Judd Apatow’s upcoming comedy “Funny People”? “What if a very successful comedian thinks he’s dying and then finds out he’s not?”
– With the upcoming “The Incredible Hulk” DVDs, there are 13 minutes of cut scenes on the standard DVD, 29 minutes on 3-disc special edition, and 44 minutes on the Blu-ray version. Director Louis Leterrier admits that he cut 70 minutes out of the film in total.
– Cameron Hood and Kyle Jefferson are no longer directing Dreamworks Animation’s “MasterMind”, the pair having left the project months ago.
– First glimpses at the construction of the Prince of Persia movie set in Ait Ben Haddou, Morocco are up at Persia Movie Chronicles.
– An interesting piece explaining the lawsuit between Fox and 20th Century and the battle over “Watchmen”. Also the film’s characters appeared on four special covers for the Brazillian magazine Set this week, check them out here.
– “Red Sonja” director Douglas Aarniokoski hints that a sequel is already being planned, and a cameo by other stars from the previous films set in the “Conan” universe may happen.
– Hip-hop artist Nic Nac is apparently in Atlanta filming a third film in the “Van Wilder” franchise, sounds like it’ll be direct-to-DVD.
– The dashing film director Edgar Wright talks about the current status of the film adaptation of the comic “Ant-Man”.
– The first artwork for “Naumón”, a thriller about a reality show set on a prison ship, is up. Spanish director Isidro Ortiz (“Eskalofrio”) helms the project and Asia Argento is rumored to star.
– One of my most anticipated films of the Fall, the Bill Maher-led comedy doco “Religulous”, has put up some not so convincing viral marketing it would seem with some religious group calling a boycott.
– Actor and “Choke” filmmaker Clark Gregg says he’d like to return as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Phil Coulson in the “Iron Man” sequel.
– “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles” executive producer Josh Friedman talks about the casting of “Garbage” front woman Shirley Manson for the series.