Another sign that films are running long this Summer – “Speed Racer” clocks in at 135 minutes, whilst “Prince Caspian” is confirmed to be 140 minutes.
– The upcoming “Indiana Jones” has been rated PG-13 for ‘adventure violence and scary images’, whilst “The Dark Knight” has also been rated PG-13 for ‘intense sequences of violence and menace’.
– Sony’s upcoming superhero comedy “Hancock” will have its world premiere in Sydney, Australia on June 10th with stars Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman in attendance. This marks the second film in recent months to do an Aussie premiere several weeks in advance of the US – the first being “Iron Man” which also had its world premiere in Sydney on April 14th.
– Amy Winehouse has recorded one of the several songs competing to be the theme for the next James Bond film “Quantum Of Solace”. Her producer Mark Ronson says “Hopefully it will get used. But I don’t think we’ve been guaranteed it, so we’re working on it and we’ll see happens.”
– The first review of John William’s score for “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” is out, sadly though it’s all in French.
– James Cameron’s upcoming “Avatar” has been in development for over a decade, and now MarketSaw have photos of a t-shirt made in 1996 whilst Digital Domain was working on concepts for the project.
– The “Iron Man” Mark III high-tech suit of armor will be on display in the lobby of ArcLight Hollywood through May 12th. The Audi R8 will also be shown at the ArcLight plaza today through til Sunday.
– Australian audiences be aware that tickets are ON SALE NOW for “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”, “Sex and the City: The Movie” and “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian” at all Greater Union Cinemas, including Gold Class sessions. Tickets can be ordered at greaterunion.com.au.