– The last photos of Anthony Minghella on the set of “The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency” are up at Blackfilm.
– Posters for The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, Pathology, The Life Before Her Eyes, My Blueberry Nights, Iron Man, Joy Ride 2, Righteous Kill, Space Chimps, Meet Dave, Redbelt, The Forbidden Kingdom, Nim’s Island, College.
-Would Judd Apatow ever do a sequel to any of his comedies like “Knocked Up” or “The 40-Year-Old Virgin”? He tells MTV News that “The movie that probably has a best shot at a sequel is Anchorman. Ron Burgundy would be hilarious at 70-years-old, being the anchor.”
– Jackie Chan and Jet Li say they want to shoot another movie together based on a script they started working on 15 years ago. Both stars refused to give details. Their first collaboration, “The Forbidden Kingdom”, opens next month.
– Regal Entertainment Group, the largest theater chain in the US, will now permit restricted “Red Band” trailers to play in its multiplexes – effectively green lighting more of those raunchier and more violent previews to be released in the near future.
– Some raunchy clips from “Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo” include a 75-second montage of all the profanity in the feature. Meanwhile the film’s directors Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are considering a spin-off film focusing on Neil Patrick Harris.
– There’s a casting call out now to play Jason Voorhees in the upcoming remake of “Friday the 13th”. Shooting is scheduled to begin April 21st in Austin, Texas.
– New call sheets for the upcoming “The X-Files 2” have confirmed that old one that went up on Dark Horizons is indeed accurate. I think a few apologies are in order.
– Frank Miller’s production blog for “The Spirit” has been updated again, this time it looks at the love interest Ellen Dolan.
– IMAX Corporation has confirmed that “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” will get a simultaneous IMAX release when the movie hits theaters on November 21st.
-An in-depth description of the footage screened at ShoWest for Dreamworks Animation’s “Monsters Vs. Aliens”.
– Ben Stiller has given an extensive interview about his upcoming comedy “Tropic Thunder”.
– Ian McKellen says that he’d like to come back and play Gandalf in the upcoming “The Hobbit” films.
-A full casting breakdown for Wes Craven next horror feature “25/8”. Shooting begins April 7th in Connecticut.
-An “Iron Man” promotional standee features the Mark III in all its glory up at Bad Taste.