-Despite extensive re-writes by Edward Norton, original “The Incredible Hulk” scribe Zak Penn has received sole writing credit. Early reviews of the film, like this one or these paint a very good picture.
– Further filming on Bryan Singer’s “Valkyrie” kicks off shortly with three scenes from the WW2 thriller to be shot in North Africa within the next three weeks.
– Hogwarts Divination professor Sybill Trelawney (Emma Thompson) will NOT be appearing in “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”.
– Christopher Lee has said that he’s very interested in the upcoming movies based on “The Hobbit” and that he would “return to the role [of Saruman] if I was asked”.
– Brett Ratner has unfortunately confirmed that, sadly, his fourth “Beverly Hills Cop” film will go the way of “Die Hard” – turn an R-rated franchise into a PG-13 action film safe for kids.
– “Bourne Identity” director Doug Liman has his eyes set on Russell Crowe to play Joe Wilson, the husband of covert CIA agent Valerie Plame in the feature about the recent political scandal.
– Rope of Silicon speculates that the sci-fi project that Ridley Scott was referring to the other day will be based on Aldous Huxley’s novel “Brave New World”.
– Filming on the “Hannah Montana” movie was spotted taking place this wee at the Cool Springs Galleria mall in Franklin, Tennesse. Miley Cyrus, Tyra Banks and Vanessa Williams were in attendance.
– A thoroughly detailed and exciting review of Justin Marks’ script for the He-Man “Masters of the Universe” live-action film is now online.
– “Transformers” scribe Roberto Orci says that Paramount already wants to lock him and Alex Kurtzman, the pair behind J.J. Abrams upcoming “Star Trek” film, to pen a sequel.
– Miramax’s new film version of “Brideshead Revisited” starring Matthew Goode and Emma Thompson is set to open in limited release on August 1st in the US.
– Approximately 200 theatergoers walked out of a free screening of Uwe Boll’s “Postal” in New Jersey last Friday.
– Keira Knightley period drama “The Duchess” has finally been set for a September 1st release date, whilst the full trailer will debut sometime next week.
– Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury are in discussions with Dimension Films about directing the follow-up to Rob Zombie’s “Halloween”.
– A full cast list is online showing off who’s voicing whom in the upcoming “Madagascar” sequel.
– Christian Bale has talked about working with the late Heath Ledger on “The Dark Knight”.
– The Steven Spielberg-produced, Diablo Cody-penned, Toni Collette-starring single camera comedy “The United States of Tara” has just been picked up by Showtime for 13 episodes.
– Quentin Tarantino has re-iterated plans to have his war film “Inglorious Bastards” ready for Cannes 2009 – highly unlikely.