Garth Note: I’ll be in London much of next week and Los Angeles after that through til August. Thus with all news updates being done away from the office, they will remain constant but may be at more unusual times and may happen several times a day in smaller chunks rather than a usual daily cluster. Thanks for understanding.
-Keanu Reeves’ manager has confirmed that though the actor was offered a role in Zack Snyder’s “Watchmen,” he turned it down.
– Further details are out on a fully 3D English-language, CG animated new “Godzilla” film which hopes to relaunch the franchise.
-The official site is open for Tim Burton’s adaptation of the classic Sondheim musical “Sweeney Todd”.
– Here’s some more quotes from Marvel head honcho Kevin Feige on his plans to adapt “Captain America” for the big screen.
– Producer Jerry Weintraub has some strange comments about his upcoming collaboration with Guillermo Del Toro on a new “Tarzan” film.
– Michael Bay told the press at an Asian junket that they would make up to five “Transformers” films if the reaction is good enough.
– Taraji P. Henson talks about playing Brad Pitt’s mother in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”.
– 800 sneak preview screenings of Pixar/Disney’s “Ratatouille” will take place in select US cities tomorrow.
– Kevin Williamson’s new series “Hidden Palms” is being rushed to an early conclusion with the show ending two weeks earlier than scheduled. A second season is highly unlikely.
– The producers of “Lost” have claimed they won’t end the show in the now controversial open-ended “Sopranos” style.
– Actor Danny Trejo talks about the “Machete” spin-off movie in the works with Access Hollywood.