-“Punisher: War Zone” has been pushed back from September to December 5th and Lexi Alexander has talked about the delay and an early screening of the film.
– Yesterday Cinema Blend had reports of a scene in which The Joker (Heath Ledger) hides inside and then emerges from a body bag in “The Dark Knight” upsetting test screening audiences and being potentially cut from the film. Moviehole reports that “that scene is in the film. I also know that WB has made no such mandate. Chris [Nolan] is honest when saying that he will not change what was intended with The Joker”.
– James Cameron has given an extensive in-depth interview on shooting in 3D for his “Avatar” project, and mentions he plans to use the technology on a small dramatic film next.
-A script review is out for “Bourne” scribe and “Michael Clayton” writer/director Tony Gilroy’s next anticipated project – “Duplicity”. The verdict? A winner.
– Matthew McConaughey has played down his chances of playing Magnum PI after stories that he was definitely playing the role of the law-enforcer. He tells UK Teletext that “I don’t know yet what’s happening.” When pressed that he had been offered a copy of the script he added: “Apparently so!”.
– Rose McGowan is still very much set to star in Robert Rodriguez’s “Barbarella” remake at Universal Pictures despite rumors to the contrary. Half of the sets have been built and the costumes are done, the potential SAG strike in June is the only impediment right now.
– Judd Nelson, William Devane and Shawnee Smith have all joined the cast of the third “The Grudge”, a direct-to-DVD release currently shooting in Romania.
– Check out there two behind-the-scenes fan videos of Daniel Craig doing his own stunts in the new James Bond movie “Quantum of Solace”.
– Some details on “Walt Disney’s King of the Elves”, the Pixar project based on a Philip K. Dick story and set for release Christmas 2012, are up at AICN.
– “Juno” director Jason Reitman has revealed that he turned down an offer to direct the $150 million “Justice League” project for Warner Bros. Pictures.
– Martial arts expert and “Undisputed 2” star Scott Adkins has apparently been cast as ‘Weapon 11’ who will face Wolverine in the big climax of “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”.
– The new “Star Trek” project has apparently been shooting scenes in Bakersfield, Iowa – famous for being Captain Kirk’s home town in the long-running franchise.
– Director/Writer Kenneth Johnson talks about the long planned remake and TV miniseries based on his classic 80’s sci-fi property “V”.
– “All the Boys Love Mandy Lane” has been pushed back from May to August.
– An official site for “Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li”, currently shooting in Bangkok, has gone online. Whilst it’s still under construction in some areas, the site will feature a production blog.
– A&E’s mini-series adaptation of the Michael Crichton sci-fi classic “The Andromeda Strain”, will premiere in the US on May 27th and be out on DVD the following week. Australian cable subscribers will get the program a month earlier – spread across two nights on April 20th and 27th on Foxtel.