“The Simpsons” creator Matt Groening says that we shouldn’t expect a sequel anytime soon to the 2007 film based on the long-running series.
Speaking at UCLA’s annual entertainment symposium over the weekend (via THR), Groening says: “It took us four years [to make] and it killed us… Maybe another 10, 15 years.” He added that the film “stole animators from the show” and drained other resources.
Mwanwhile, along with the new trailer unleashed on Friday (see below), half an hour of “Star Trek: Into Darkness” screened last week for select press in the UK. Spoiler filled write-ups and interview quotes from producer Bryan Burk have gone online.
The most interesting information was Burk’s response to Digital Spy when asked a question about getting the next film out in time for the franchise’s 50th anniversary in 2016:
We’re definitely talking about the next one, but we haven’t talked about a release date. We don’t want to wait four years, the same amount of time between the last one and this one, but it’s going to be a big year to celebrate, hopefully.