Adam Sandler has topped Forbes magazine’s annual list of the most overpaid actors in Hollywood, the second time in a row for the comedian.
Forbes’ analysts examine the last three movies the actor was in and compare those combined grosses with his or her combined paycheck. The process generates an ‘investment return’ figure for each star – the lower the figure, the worse value they are. Sandler came in at $3.20 for every $1 paid.
Don’t think this is a snobbish list though, many others who cracked this top ten are either audience and/or critical favorites. All this indicates is that their recent run of films haven’t been too kind to their market value. Here’s the Top 10 list in full:
1. Adam Sandler: returns $3.20 for every $1 paid
2. Johnny Depp: returns $4.10 for every $1 paid
3. Ben Stiller: returns $4.80 for every $1 paid
4. Ryan Reynolds: returns $4.90 for every $1 paid
5. Tom Hanks: returns $5.20 for every $1 paid
6. Will Ferrell: returns $6.60 for every $1 paid
7. Channing Tatum: returns $6.70 for every $1 paid
8. Denzel Washington: returns $6.90 for every $1 paid
9. Sandra Bullock: returns $9 for every $1 paid
10. Ben Affleck: returns $9.37 for every $1 paid.