Several months ago, a poster on the web boards 4Chan posted numerous unconfirmed plot details regarding “Star Wars: Episode VII” which supposedly came from the second draft of J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan’s script.
In recent weeks Latino Review claims to have corroborated several bits of information from that original post. Now, they’ve got a copy of the original post in its entirety up, which includes a few new bits of information to those who missed it on the 4Chan boards.
POTENTIAL MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD
– Leia is made leader of the Republic after her predecessor’s death
– Han is a retired veteran of the Republic fleet
– Luke hasn’t been seen in nearly 30 years
– The lead character is Han and Leia’s daughter
– The other lead is the child of Lando, and either a male or female depending on who is cast
– The other lead is a Stormtrooper, also either a male or female depending on who is cast
– Dialogue for these two characters is very rough in the second draft
– Luke has no known offspring
– The Empire still exists in the form of a number of loyal galaxies and are in a state of cold war with the Republic
– The Empire is simply referred to as the “Empire,” and the Republic is referred to formally only once, as the “Galactic Republic;” no “New” anywhere
– There are no Jedi whatsoever, and people still speak as if they are extinct, with Luke being “the last of his kind”
– The main antagonists are an older student of the Emperor, and his apprentice
– The apprentice takes control of the power dynamic between the two pretty quickly…
– The Republic are excavating ruins on a neutral world for a weapon; the world factors into tense negotiations the Empire have had with the Republic, and is referred to as the “Sith Homeworld”
– Loredump: In the script, the Sith are a couple thousand years old, founded by an ancestor of Palpatine called Ruin; the apprentice in this film also goes by that name the ruins within the Sith Homeworld are a control station; the planet itself is the weapon
– Luke saves the day at the end, but in a bad way; he has changed
If these points are correct, it would seem to confirm earlier reports that John Boyega is playing a Stormtrooper, Daisy Ridley is playing Han Solo and Princess Leia’s daughter, and Crystal Clarke is Lando Calrissian’s daughter.
Making Star Wars also throws in another rumor from the other week, that one character in the film will be a descendant of Count Dooku (Christopher Lee). They say that was the role Benedict Cumberbatch was originally rumored for, a role that has since transferred to Gwendoline Christie.