Netflix's Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos says that the streaming service has every intention of continuing its acclaimed original drama series "House of Cards" beyond the currently in production second season.
"Our intent is that the show keep going for sure. It was a 26-episode commitment. It was not our intent that it just run for two seasons. Talks are in progress right now, so stay tuned"
Sarandos said these comments during his keynote address at Film Independent‘s 9th annual conference in Los Angeles on Saturday.
The comments are in answer to quotes last month from the show's former executive producer who Rick Cleveland who said the series would likely wrap after the second season.
The series is currently in its last week of filming on the second season with an early 2014 release planned.