News

Max Landis Not Involved In "Chronicle 2"

By Garth Franklin Thursday July 18th 2013 07:15AM

"Chronicle" scribe Max Landis says that while the sequel to that found footage superhero film is still probably going to happen, 20th Century Fox is moving ahead without him.

The famously outspoken Landis previously said that he'd penned a draft for "Chronicle 2" for Fox, and the studio liked it but the dark tone would be an issue. Now though, it seems things have changed behind-the-scenes. Landis tweeted the following today:

"So yeah it's sad that as of right now I'm not involved in the sequel, and don't know what it's about even, but ultimately I can't complain.

Ultimately, I'm just very grateful to Fox for making a film as close to my original script as Chronicle was. For making the film at all.

So yeah it's sad that as of right now I'm not involved in the sequel, and don't know what it's about even, but ultimately I can't complain.

Chronicle 2 is still probably happening, just not with my involvement as of now. It's a bummer, but there are no real hard feelings.

They hired new writers on it. I'm sure they'll announce soon. Just hope this answers the questions I've been getting everyday."

Landis is keeping busy though and has several projects in the works, including his directorial debut "Me Him Her" which begins shooting next week.

SHARE: