News

Schwarzenegger Gives "Conan" Update

By Garth Franklin Monday January 14th 2013 11:03PM
Schwarzenegger Gives "Conan" Update

Talking up the release of "The Last Stand" this week, Arnold Schwarzenegger recently sat down for an extended interview with AICN where the topic of "The Legend of Conan" came up.

Schwarzenegger says the project is likely to begin filming later this year, possibly in New Zealand. Producer Frederik Malmberg previously said the action picks up several decades on, with Conan nearing the last cycle of his life and wanting to go out with a good battle. Schwarzenegger adds:

"[Universal] finally came forward and said, 'You're absolutely right. The previous leadership has missed the boat here. We want to pick it up. We're going to buy the rights and we're going to be serious about it and make a quality film with an A-director and with A-writers and so on.

And we want you to participate in this. We want you to star and you to play Conan. We're going to take a story where Conan is at that age so it's totally believable and it doesn't look like you're trying to be a 30-year old action guy.'"

SHARE: