News

Damon Not Returning To "Bourne" Films?

By Garth Franklin Thursday October 11th 2012 03:00AM

Were you not a fan of Jeremy Renner's turn leading the "Bourne" franchise this year and want Matt Damon back? It's looking more and more like you're out of luck.

Damon hasn't seen "The Bourne Legacy" yet, but indicates that because the fourth film is in continuity with the three previous films then any further 'Bourne' films (with or without him) would have to acknowledge the events in 'Legacy'. That's something he's not keen on.

"...from what I understand, it kind of relives ["The Bourne Ultimatum"] from a different perspective. What that means, because they use our actors and characters, is that whatever they said [in 'Legacy'] is true and so we'd have to acknowledge it in any Bourne movie that we'd do. And that makes it really tough. I don't think we can do the 'Dallas' it-was-all-a-dream scenario. I don't think the audience would go for that after they paid money to see a movie" he tells Movieline.

Previously producer Frank Marshall has said he hoped to see Damon and Renner's characters teaming up. Damon has constantly reiterated that he wouldn't do another 'Bourne' film anyway without Paul Greengrass at the helm.

SHARE: