News

MGM Drops "Raging Bull 2" Lawsuit

By Garth Franklin Wednesday August 1st 2012 06:38PM

MGM is dropping its lawsuit against the producers of "Raging Bull II" after the filmmakers have agreed to essentially change the film's name says Deadline.

In a joint statement by MGM and Sunset Pictures’ COO Dahlia Waingort, it has been said that “The parties have amicably reached a resolution of their pending litigation, pursuant to which production of a film based upon certain events in the life of Jake LaMotta will proceed under the working title ‘The Bronx Bull.’

That film is not related in any way to the 1980 motion picture entitled ‘Raging Bull,’ and MGM is not associated with the film in any respect. Neither party will have any further statements regarding this matter.”

Earlier this month MGM sued the producers and LaMotta himself citing breach of contract and other counts.

SHARE: