Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner, Shirley MacLaine, Bradley Cooper and Ashton Kutcher are in final negotiations to star in “Valentine’s Day” for New Line says The Hollywood Reporter.
Garry Marshall directs the romantic-comedy ensemble which has five slightly interconnecting stories playing out during a Valentine’s Day in Los Angeles.
– Roberts plays an army officer on leave from Iraq on a flight to Los Angeles.
– Cooper, on the same flight, is a gay man whose lover is a closeted football player.
– Kutcher is an owner of a flower shop who proposes to his girlfriend (Alba), only to realize he is in love with his close friend (Garner) who discovers her boyfriend is married.
– MacLaine plays Roberts’ mother, a happy retiree who reveals to her husband a long-ago affair.
– Hathaway is an assistant working at the biggest talent agency in town and dating a mailroom assistant
– Biel is a publicist unlucky in love who has no date on Valentine’s Day.
Katherine Fugate wrote the initial draft, while Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein penned the latest. Wayne Rice and Mike Karz are producing.