Two new photos and a breakdown of the new trailer for Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” have gone online, the latter courtesy of the great folks over at Latino Review.
Amongst the highlights from the lengthy description:
– The choice of music this time in the latter scenes is the classic “Spirit in the Sky,” apparently the original Norman Greenbaum version (not the Doctor & the Medics version).
– The early scene from the first trailer is extended with Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) trying to escape his pursuers.
– Our first look at Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser. His fist closes around a glowing red energy source and the trailer cuts to an explosion. His ship also unleashes fighters over a peaceful planet.
– Our first look at Glenn Close as Nova Prime Irani Rael who says “Are you telling me, the fate of twelve billion people, is in the hands of these thugs?”
– The first sampling of Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel voicing Rocket Raccoon and Groot respectively.
– There’s an alien skull the size of a planet, Drax swinging his signature knife in slow motion, Ronan using his signature hammer, the crew consulting a constellation map of the galaxy, and a mad Groot with branches grow out of his back.
– Groot turns off Peter Quill’s precious Walkman, presses play again and marvels at the cassette which starts up the familiar ‘Hooked on a Feeling’ – Groot hates the new music.
For the full description, click here. Finally, director James Gunn tweeted out the new photos: