Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment, recently spoke with Collider about the upcoming future of the format and revealed some interesting things. Among the key facts:
– They’re working on showing live events and classic movies in IMAX theaters sometime in the next 12 to 24 months.
– In the same time period 200 more theaters will have IMAX and so will a lot of international markets.
– They’re working very hard to create a quiet camera that would be easier to work with.
– With the new digital IMAX, nstead of one movie playing all week they’ll be able to have multiple movies at the same theater.
– Michael Bay has shot three sequenes with IMAX cameras for “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen”.
For the full interview, click here.