Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” comes to digital and disc formats next week, unfortunately though a pirated copy of the film’s Blu-ray has already made it onto torrent sites across the internet with Torrent Freak reporting an estimated 250,000 downloads in the first twelve hours.
What those torrents don’t have though are all the extras, including the deleted scenes which come with the disc release. New details and photos from those cut scenes have gone online and reportedly include the following:
– Stormtrooper Finn’s run-in with a Jakku village woman in the opening attack.
– Han, Finn, and Chewie face down a squadron of stormtroopers in Maz Kanata’s basement.
– Kylo Ren leads snowtroopers to the crashed Millennium Falcon at Starkiller Base, and has an emotional remembrance inside.
– General Leia is introduced earlier in the film, as Major Brance (Emun Elliott) gets a distress signal from BB-8 informing them of the attack on the Jakku village.
– Poe Dameron and the other X-Wings prepare for lightspeed as they head into battle, giving us a chance to see starships in space.
– Finn and Rey escape Starkiller base on a First Order snowspeeder, while another gives chase.
– Rey gets an update on an injured Finn’s condition from Dr. Kalonia (Harriet Walton).
Photos from those cut scenes have been posted by EW and you can check them out in the gallery below:
Finally in related news, a photo from Donnie Yen’s wife on Instagram may have revealed a slight spoiler about this year’s “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”. Turns out the T-47 Airspeeders, the trapezoidal Rebel fighters seen in the Hoth scenes in “The Empire Strikes Back,” will be making an appearance in the film.