- Cast: Ashton Kutcher, Lea Michele, Josh Duhamel, Katherine Heigl, Robert De Niro, Jessica Biel, Sofía Vergara, Hilary Swank, Zac Efron, Abigail Breslin, Sienna Miller, Michelle Pfeiffer, Alyssa Milano, Sarah Jessica Parker, Julie Andrews, Sara Paxton, Frankie Muniz, Til Schweiger, Ice Cube, Hector Elizondo, Jon Bon Jovi, Seth Meyers, Ryan Seacrest, Russell Peters, Marcia Miller, Eddie D'vir
- Director: Garry Marshall
- Writer: Katherine Fugate
- Producers: Richard Brener, Toby Emmerich, Mike Karz, Wayne Allan Rice, Josie Rosen
- Co Producer: Heather Hall
- Executive Producer: Diana Pokorny
- Art Direction: Kim Jennings
- Castings: Amanda Mackey Johnson, Cathy Sandrich
- Costume Design: Gary Jones
- D.O.P.: Steven Fierberg
- Editor: Michael Tronick
- Makeup: Nicki Ledermann
- Music: John Debney
- Production Design: Mark Friedberg
- Set Decoration: Leslie E. Rollins
The story celebrates love, hope, forgiveness, second chances and fresh starts, in the intertwining stories told amidst the pulse and promise of New York City on the most dazzling night of the year.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: New York City, USA
- Production Companies: New Line Cinema
- Production Schedule: 1 February 2011 - 8 April 2011
2011 Guide Analysis: "After 2009's "He's Just Not That Into You" raked in nearly $200 million worldwide, Warners has become understandably keen on the format of the ensemble romantic comedy feature. Big name actors can come in and shoot their scenes in the few days when they have gaps in their schedule, the studio doesn't have to pay the actors or the filmmakers much, and the genre is so formulaic anyway that productions can be cobbled together quickly. The logical next step was last year's "Valentine's Day", the first in a potential franchise of 'holiday-themed' ensemble rom-coms.
With a huge cast in tow, that Garry Marshall-directed feature made more than four times its $52 million budget at the box-office alone. So it came as no surprise when this project was quickly greenlit. Originally intended to be a direct sequel with several of the same characters from 'Valentine's' coming back, this instead will be stand alone so returning cast members Jessica Biel and Ashton Kutcher will play different characters. Joining them in this outing are the likes of Robert De Niro, Hilary Swank, Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry, Zac Efron, Abigail Breslin, Josh Duhamel, Ice Cube, Lea Michele, Til Schweiger, Sarah Jessica Parker, Sienna Miller, Jon Bon Jovi, Sofía Vergara, Seth Meyers and Ryan Seacrest.
Like 'Valentine's', there's about a half dozen different subplots going on with a few key actors in each. Berry and Bon Jovi play former lovers who run into each other, Parker and Breslin will play mother and daughter, etc. Some second unit filming took place in Times Square this past New Year's, but the main body of shooting kicks off next week with the release scheduled a few weeks before the end of the year. Just in time for the holiday."