- Cast: Clifton Collins Jr., Cheech Marin, Moises Arias, Jake T. Austin, Gabriel Morales, Ryan Ochoa, Carlos Padilla, Jansen Panettiere, Mario Quinonez Jr., Anthony Quinonez, Alfredo Rodríguez, Carlos Gómez, Emilie de Ravin, Patricia Manterola, John Cothran Jr., Louis Gossett Jr., William May, Bruce McGill, David Koechner, Frances Fisher, Matt Battaglia, Samantha Boscarino, Emilio Cast, Alejandro Chabán, Oliver Dear, Doug DeBeech, Sonya Eddy, Seraly Morales, Marc Musso, Julieta Ortiz, Jaeger Rydall, Mat Smith, Wyatt Smith, Aaron Thompson, Karen Trella
- Director: William Dear
- Writer: W. William Winokur
- Producers: Daniel de Liege, Michael O. Gallant, Mark W. Koch, David Salzberg, Christian Tureaud, W. William Winokur
- Associate Producer: Blake Koch
- Executive Producers: Paul M. Brooks, Vidal Cantu, Rick Eldridge, Adolfo Franco, Jason French, Chris Howard, Frederico Lapenda, Terence Richards, Tony Riviera, Peter Roach, Erick Tran, Jim Van Eerden
- Art Direction: Mia Cho
- Casting: Jackie Burch
- Costume Design: Florence Kemper
- D.O.P.: Bryan Greenberg
- Editor: Chris Conlee
- Makeup: Fiona Distefano
- Music: Bill Conti
- Production Design: Denise Hudson
Living amidst the gritty poverty of 1957 Monterrey, Mexico, a rag–tag group of boys from the wrong side of the tracks discovers the joy of sandlot baseball under the guidance of Cesar, an aspiring Major League Coach thwarted by discrimination.
Armed with the dream of playing a real Little League game, the young players defy a total lack of resources, disapproving parents, and widespread prejudice to score their first Little League victory and find themselves at the beginning of a once-in-a-lifetime journey.
Relying on their faith, a warm-hearted priest and their love of the game, the nine players and their coach embark on an incredible, record-breaking winning streak that leads them across the border to America, and all the way to the 1957 Little League World Series where a miracle will cement their place in history and change their lives forever.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Los Angeles, USA; Monterrey, Mexico
- MPAA Warning: Some thematic elements
- Production Budget: $12.5 million
- Production Companies: HighRoad Entertainment, Prelude Pictures, Lone Runner Entertainment, Kenio Films, Keslow Cameras
- Production Schedule: 2 June 2007 - 15 July 2007
Because of a funding problem, the film had to shut down just a couple of weeks into filming. When they were able to start up again 3 or 4 months later, some of the boys had experienced a growth spurt and all scenes with them had to be re-shot.