- Cast: Helen Mirren, Joe Pesci, Gina Gershon, Scout Taylor-Compton, Bryan Cranston, Gil Birmingham, Taryn Manning, Ling Bai, Rick Gomez, M.C. Gainey, Maulik Pancholy, Sergio Peris-Mencheta, Raoul Trujillo, Elise Neal, Leslie Jordan, Luce Rains, Arron Shiver, Mia Stallard, Emily Rios, Niki J. Crawford, Christopher Hagen, Rio Hackford, Frank James Lockwood, Dylan Kenin, Toni Staniewicz, Esodie Geiger, Therese Olson, Hugh Elliot, Dan Strakal, Bo Brown, William E. Marshall, Allan Pacheco, Frederick Robinson
- Director: Taylor Hackford
- Writer: Mark Jacobson
- Producers: David Bergstein, Lou DiBella, Taylor Hackford, Marty Katz
- Co Producer: Jeff G. Waxman
- Associate Producers: Tiffany Tiesiera, Frederick R. Ulrich
- Executive Producer: Marcus Schöfer
- Art Direction: Mark Alan Duran
- Castings: Nancy Klopper, Toni Suttie
- Costume Design: Melissa Bruning
- D.O.P.: Kieran McGuigan
- Editor: Paul Hirsch
- Makeup: Blair Leonard
- Music: Chris Bacon
- Production Design: Bruno Rubeo
- Set Decoration: Maria Nay
In "Love Ranch," a fictional story that draws on many truths about Nevada's extremely successful Brothel Industry, Helen Mirren and Joe Pesci star as Grace and Charlie Bontempo, a husband/wife team who own and run one of Nevada's first legalized brothel ranches. Their lives are irrevocably altered when Armando Bruza (Sergio Peris-Mencheta), a world famous heavy weight boxer from South America, is brought to the Ranch to train as part of Charlie's ever expanding entrepreneurial empire. Plans quickly go awry when Bruza comes between Grace and Charlie as an unforeseen romantic triangle develops that erupts into uncontrollable passion and murder.
"Love Ranch" is a story of raw emotions in a world where boxing and prostitution intersect from critically acclaimed director Taylor Hackford. The film is written by Mark Jacobson, a prolific journalist whose magazine stories have been adapted to other media, including a piece on Frank Lucas that was the basis for the film "American Gangster."
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Production Companies: Capitol Films, Film & Entertainment VIP Medienfonds 3 GmbH & Co. KG, Road Rebel
- Production Schedule: January 2008 - March 2008
2010 Guide Analysis: "It stars the likes of Helen Mirren, Gina Gershon, Bai Ling and Joe Pesci in his first lead role in twelve years. It's directed by esteemed filmmaker Taylor Hackford ("Devil's Advocate," "Ray," "Proof of Life") working together with his wife Mirren for his first time since 1985. Plus it was shot almost two years ago now and has been finished and ready to go for many months. So why hasn't this been released?
Several factors are at play, most notably the economic collapse hitting production company Capitol Films hard which make this an unfortunate victim of bad timing and circumstance. The subject matter of brothels though will also limit the film's economic chances, marketing elements and playability across the country. The film is just too high profile to disappear directly to disc, but until a distributor picks it up its fate will remain in limbo."