- Cast: Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kieran Culkin, Chris Evans, Anna Kendrick, Brandon Routh, Alison Pill, Jason Schwartzman, Ellen Wong, Satya Bhabha, Mark Webber, Mae Whitman, Johnny Simmons, Brie Larson, Aubrey Plaza, Erik Knudsen, Nelson Franklin, Abigail Chu, Kristina Pesic, Chantelle Chung, Ben Lewis, Emily Kassie, Jean Yoon, Ingrid Haas
- Director: Edgar Wright
- Writers: Michael Bacall, Edgar Wright
- Producers: Eric Gitter, Nira Park, Marc Platt, Edgar Wright
- Co Producers: Joe Nozemack, Steven V. Scavelli
- Executive Producers: J. Miles Dale, Jeff Kirschenbaum, Scott Stuber, Ronaldo Vasconcellos
- Art Direction: Nigel Churcher
- Castings: Robin D. Cook, Jennifer Euston, Allison Jones
- Costume Design: Laura Jean Shannon
- D.O.P.: Bill Pope
- Editors: Jonathan Amos, Paul Machliss
- Makeup: Jordan Samuel
- Music: Nigel Godrich
- Production Design: Marcus Rowland
- Set Decoration: Odetta Stoddard
Meet charming and jobless Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera). A bass guitarist for garage band Sex Bob-omb, the 22-year-old has just met the girl of his dreams...literally. The only catch to winning Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead)? Her seven evil exes are coming to kill him. Genre-smashing filmmaker Edgar Wright ("Hot Fuzz," "Shaun of the Dead") tells the amazing story of one romantic slacker's quest to power up with love in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World."
Scott Pilgrim has never had a problem getting a girlfriend. It's getting rid of them that proves difficult. From the girl who kicked his heart's ass--and now is back in town--to the teenage distraction he's trying to shake when Ramona rollerblades into his world, love hasn't been easy. He soon discovers, however, his new crush has the most unusual baggage of all: a nefarious league of exes controls her love life and will do whatever it takes to eliminate him as a suitor.
As Scott gets closer to Ramona, he must face an increasingly vicious rogues' gallery from her past--from infamous skateboarders to vegan rock stars and fearsomely identical twins. And if he hopes to win his true love, he must vanquish them all before it really is game over.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Toronto, Canada
- MPAA Warning: Stylized violence, sexual content, language and drug references
- Production Companies: Big Talk Productions, Closed on Mondays Entertainment, Marc Platt Productions
- Production Schedule: 30 March 2009 - 6 August 2009
2010 Guide Analysis: "Even if you don't know it yet, 'Scott' looks already set to be one of next year's most acclaimed comic adaptations. Bryan Lee O'Malley's cult series is a product that many have already stated is impossible to translate to screen. Yet the hiring of "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz" director Edgar Wright seems a perfect fit for the material.
While I can't talk about specifics, I can say what I have managed to see so far looks far more faithful than many are expecting. Currently a mid-August release is being targeted which means you can likely expect a big launch at Comic Con in July. Universal seems to be going worldwide almost day-and-date, a bold move for a property that many have admittedly never heard of. Confidence is high though and quite likely justified, definitely one to keep an eye on."