- Cast: Steve Evets, Eric Cantona, Stephanie Bishop, Gerard Kearns, Stefan Gumbs, Lucy-Jo Hudson, Cole Williams, Matthew McNulty, Laura Ainsworth, Max Beesley, Kelly Bowland, Julie Brown, John Henshaw, Justin Moorhouse, Des Sharples, Greg Cook, Mick Ferry, Smug Roberts, Johnny Travis, Steve Marsh, Cleveland Campbell, Ryan Pope, Ciaran Clancy
- Director: Ken Loach
- Writer: Paul Laverty
- Producer: Rebecca O'Brien
- Art Direction: Julie Ann Horan
- Casting: Kahleen Crawford
- D.O.P.: Barry Ackroyd
- Production Design: Fergus Clegg
Eric the postman is slipping through his own fingers…
His chaotic family, his wild stepsons, and the cement mixer in the front garden don’t help, but it is Eric’s own secret that drives him to the brink. Can he face Lily, the woman he once loved? Despite outrageous efforts and misplaced goodwill from his football fan mates, Eric continues to sink.
In desperate times it takes a spliff and a special friend to challenge Eric to journey into the most perilous territory of all – the past.
As a certain Frenchman says, “He who is afraid to throw the dice, will never throw a six.”
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Manchester, UK
- Production Budget: £4 million
- Production Companies: Sixteen Films, Film Four, Canto Bros., Wild Bunch, France 2 Cinéma, Why Not Productions, BIM Distribuzione, Tornasol Films, Les Films du Fleuve, Radio Télévision Belge Francophone
John Henshaw, who plays a postal worker, is also one of the faces of the national Post Office in the UK.