- Cast: Ciaran Hinds, Iben Hjejle, Aidan Quinn, Jim Norton, Eanna Hardwicke, Hannah Lynch, Nicholas Holden, Thomas Farr, Sarah Farr, Malachy McNeill, Lena Morelle, Dorothy Cotter, Hilary O'Shaughnessy, Mia Quinn, Valerie Spelman, Laurent Tavernier, Rosie O'Regan, Mary Murphy, Ian Richards
- Director: Conor McPherson
- Writers: Conor McPherson, Billy Roche
- Producer: Robert Walpole
- Co Producers: Donal Geraghty, Cathleen Dore
- Executive Producers: Paddy McDonald, Rebecca O'Flanagan
- Art Direction: Johnny Byrne
- Castings: Gail Stevens, Oonagh Kearney
- Costume Design: Consolata Boyle
- D.O.P.: Ivan McCullough
- Editor: Emer Reynolds
- Makeup: Lizzi Lawson Zeiss
- Music: Fionnuala Ní Chiosáin
- Production Design: Mark Geraghty
- VFX Supervisor: Kevin Byrne
The story of Michael Farr (Ciarán Hinds), a teacher raising his two kids alone since his wife died two years earlier. Lately he has been seeing and hearing strange things late at night in his house. He isn't sure if he is simply having terrifying nightmares or if his house is haunted.
Each year, the seaside town where Michael lives hosts an international literary festival, attracting writers from all over the world. Michael works as a volunteer for the festival and is assigned the attractive Lena Morelle (Iben Hjejle), an author of books about ghosts and the supernatural, to look after. They become friendly and he eagerly tells her of his experiences. For the first time he has met someone who can accept the reality of what has been happening to him.
However, Lena's attention is pulled elsewhere. She has come to the festival at the bidding of world-renowned novelist Nicholas Holden (Aidan Quinn), with whom she had a brief affair the previous year. He has fallen in love with Lena and is going through a turbulent time, eager to leave his wife to be with her. But all Lena is trying to do is extricate herself from this mess and just get through the next few days.
As the festival progresses, the trajectories of these three people draw them into a life-altering collision.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: County Cork, Ireland
- MPAA Warning: Language and some disturbing images
- Production Budget: $3 million
- Production Companies: Treasure Entertainment, Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Irish Film Board, Radio Telefís Éireann (RTÉ)
- Production Schedule: September 2008 - October 2008
- The film will be shown in Ireland as a tv drama on RTÉ One as part of their 2009/2010 fall/winter season.