- Cast: Liev Schreiber, Jude Law, Forest Whitaker, Alice Braga, Carice van Houten, Liza Lapira, RZA, Yvette Nicole Brown , Chandler Canterbury, Tanya Clarke, Joe Pingue, Ashleigh Hubbard, Lina So, Erin Lokitz, Jessica Rimmer, Sima Fisher, Tiffany Espensen, Michelle Santoro, Olya Milova, Dorly Jean-Louis, Kathryn Michelle, Imali Perera, Marty Adams, Christina Giuseppe Silva, Christian Lloyd, Devon Tucker, Zoe Mugford, Amie Alexia
- Director: Miguel Sapochnik
- Writers: Eric Garcia, Garrett Lerner
- Producers: Mary Parent, Scott Stuber
- Executive Producers: Andrew Z. Davis, Mike Drake
- Art Direction: Dan Yarhi
- Casting: Mindy Marin
- Costume Design: Caroline Harris
- D.O.P.: Enrique Chediak
- Editor: Richard Francis-Bruce
- Makeup: Donald Mowat
- Musics: Marco Beltrami, Buck Sanders
- Production Design: David Sandefur
- Set Decoration: Clive Thomasson
In the future humans have extended and improved our lives through highly sophisticated and expensive mechanical organs created by a company called "The Union". The dark side of these medical breakthroughs is that if you don't pay your bill, "The Union" sends its highly skilled repo men to take back its property... with no concern for your comfort or survival.
Former soldier Remy is one of the best organ repo men in the business. But when he suffers a cardiac failure on the job, he awakens to find himself fitted with the company's top-of-the-line heart-replacement... as well as a hefty debt. But a side effect of the procedure is that his heart's no longer in the job. When he can't make the payments, The Union sends its toughest enforcer, Remy's former partner Jake, to track him down. Written
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Toronto, Canada
- MPAA Warning: Strong bloody violence, grisly images, language and some sexuality/nudity
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures, Relativity Media, Stuber Productions, Mambo Film Productions, Relativity Media
- Production Schedule: 15 October 2007 - 22 January 2008
Previously titled "Repossession Mambo".
Forest Whitaker has been studying Filipino Kali for several years which he utilises in the film.
2010 Guide Analysis: "Shot in late 2007 under the more interesting title "Repossession Mambo", the sci-fi action thriller that Leonardo DiCaprio was at one point attached to star in is finally getting a release around early April nearly three years on. Usually that's a sign that the studio is essentially off-loading a not particularly good piece of product.
Story-wise the setup has more than a passing similarity to not just that great sketch from Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life", but the stage play "Repo! The Genetic Opera" which became a rock opera-musical film in 2008. At the time there was concern about competing projects in theatres, now the concern on the part of the 'Men' filmmakers is purely making a buck considering 'Opera' didn't extended beyond a very limited but loyal cult audience.
The main thrust of the plot is far more familiar - a man who is exceptional at hunting finds himself becoming the hunted. Throw in some martial arts fighting and running with glossy sci-fi interiors and you've got yourself another "Equilibrium" albeit with less gunfu. A trailer showed some interesting visuals from first-time director Miguel Sapochnik, not to mention a great cast led by Jude Law looking buffer and more tanned than he ever has before, but even a sci-fi fan like myself sees little of interest here."