- Cast: Shahrukh Khan, Kajol, Christopher B. Duncan, Steffany Huckaby, Carl Marino, Tanay Chheda, Katie A. Keane, Douglas Tait, Jimmy Shergill, Parvin Dabas, Shane Harper, Michael William Arnold, Sheetal Menon, Benny Nieves, Navneet Nishan, Jeremy Kilpatrick, Sonya Jehan, Arjun Mathur, Zarina Wahab, Reed Rudy, Adrian Kali Turner, Kevin Oestenstad, Mark S. Porro, Marquis Scott, Dominic Renda, Arif Zakaria, Brett Glazer, Kyle Hamon
- Director: Karan Johar
- Writers: Shibani Bathija, Niranjan Iyengar
- Producer: Karan Johar
- Executive Producers: Parth Arora, Manoj Mittra
- Art Direction: Nancy Bush
- Castings: Robi Reed-Humes, Shanoo Sharma
- Costume Designs: Manish Malhotra, Shiraz Siddique
- D.O.P.: Ravi K. Chandran
- Makeup: Robin Slater
- Music: Shankar Ehsaan Loy
- Production Design: Sharmishta Roy
My Name Is Khan movie focuses on the relationship between the Western world and Islam and how that has changed over the past few years. It also describes the journey of one family and how it changes because of 9/11.
The film begins with the child, Rizwan Khan (Tanay Chheda), a Muslim who has Asperger syndrome, growing up with his mother (Zarina Wahab) in the Borivali section of Mumbai. Later as an adult (Shahrukh Khan), Rizwan moves to San Francisco and lives with his brother and sister-in-law. While there, he falls in love with Mandira (Kajol).
After 9/11, Rizwan and Mandira begin to face a number of difficulties which causes them to separate. Rizwan then begins a long journey across the United States to win Mandira back. In the process of his journey, he "inspires optimism and joy in the hearts of the people he encounters by spreading of messages of goodwill wherever he roams.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Los Angeles, USA; Mumbai, India; San Francisco, USA; Washington D.C., USA
- Production Budget: $20 million
- Production Companies: Dharma Productions, Red Chillies Entertainment
- Production Schedule: November 2008 - January 2009
- Kareena Kapoor, Aamir Bashir and Shabana Azmi all came close to starring in various roles but dropped out due to different circumstances.
- The New York flood sequence used 20 tankers of water daily for the 10-day shoot.