- Cast: Steve Buscemi, Sarah Silverman, Romany Malco, Peter Dinklage, Emmanuelle Chirqui, Tim Blake Nelson, John Cho, Aviva, Isabel Archuleta, Josh Berry, Lucas CorVatta, Gorneth D'Oyley, Stephen Eiland, Jesse Garcia, Jim Giesler, William T. Johnson, Isaac Kappy, Nicholas A. Nelson, Shawn Prince, Ben Zeller
- Director: Hue Rhodes
- Writer: Hue Rhodes
- Producers: Mark Burton, Lawrence Mattis, Kelly McCormick, Matt Wall
- Executive Producers: Wren Arthur, Steve Buscemi, David S. Greathouse, Spike Lee, Stanley Tucci
- Casting: Heidi Levitt
- Costume Design: Lisa Jensen
- D.O.P.: Giles Nuttgens
- Editor: Annette Davey
- Makeup: Gretchen Bright
- Music: David Torn
- Production Design: Rosario Provenza
- Set Decoration: Marcia Calosio
A compulsive gambler attempts to cure his addiction by moving from Las Vegas to Albuquerque and working at an auto insurance company, only to find old temptations cropping up once again when he's sent out to investigate a dubious car accident just outside of Sin City. After a string of bad luck at the tables, John (Steve Buscemi) decides to give up gambling and take a shot at a "normal" life.
Arriving in Albuquerque and landing a job at an auto insurance company, John goes to work for Mr. Townsend (Peter Dinklage), who pairs him with the company's top fraud debunker, Virgil (Romany Malco), and sends them out on an investigation together. While John is eager to get a promotion, he's reluctant to go anywhere near Las Vegas, and before he leaves he strikes up a tenuous romance with his eccentric co-worker Jill (Sarah Silverman). On the road, Virgil and John encounter a series of offbeat characters including a nude militant (Tim Blake Nelson), a wheelchair-bound stripper (Emmanuelle Chriqui), and a carnival human torch (John Cho).
But while Virgil is the one with the experience, John gradually begins to assert himself and soon his efforts begin to pay off as the case moves closer to conclusion. As John's confidence grows, he becomes increasingly aware of the fact that running away from his gambling problem is not the solution, and that he'll only be able to move forward by returning to Las Vegas to face his demons head on.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Albuquerque, USA; Las Vegas, USA
- MPAA Warning: Language and some nudity
- Production Budget: $3.8 million
- Production Companies: Circle of Confusion, IndieVest Pictures, Olive Prods
2010 Guide Analysis: "Kicking off the Cinevegas Film Festival in June, reviews were decidedly mixed for the low-budget indie road comedy that was pegged as too hollow and falsely quirky. That said the raft of cameos from the likes of Peter Dinklage and Sarah Silverman scored thumbs up, as did Buscemi's performance and some of the dark humor. Sounds like a decent rental."