- Cast: Julia Voth, Erin Cummings, America Olivo, Michael Hurst, Ron Melendez, William Gregory Lee, Minae Noji, Scott Hanley, Kevin Sorbo, Dennis Keiffer, Lucy Lawless, Renée O'Connor, Mark Lutz, Debbie Lee Carrington, Zoe Bell, Robert Mammana, Rich Kirby, Jim Klock, Danny Nero, Katelynne Friedman, Krystal Badia, Paul Karami, Astrid Swan, Aisha Cain, Karen Austin
- Director: Rick Jacobson
- Writers: Eric Gruendemann, Rick Jacobson
- Producers: Eric Gruendemann, Rick Jacobson
- Associate Producer: Brian Peck
- Art Direction: Daniel Cerny
- Castings: John Barba, Lisa Fields
- Costume Design: Rosalida Medina
- D.O.P.: Stuart Asbjornsen
- Makeup: Fiona Distefano
- Music: John R. Graham
- Production Design: Vali Tirsoaga
"Bitch Slap" is a post-modern, thinking man's throwback to the "B" Movie/Exploitation films of the 1950's - 70's as well as a loving, sly parody of the same. Inspired by the likes of "Dragstrip Girl"; "Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill"; "Kung Fu Nun" and the pantheon of Blaxploitation films, "Bitch Slap" will mix girls, guns, outrageous action and jaw-dropping visuals with a message... don't be naughty!
At its core, "Bitch Slap" follows three bad girls (a down-and-out stripper, a drug-running killer and a corporate powerbroker) as they arrive at a remote desert hideaway to extort and steal $200 Million in diamonds from a ruthless underworld kingpin. Things quickly spin out of control as allegiances change, truths are revealed, other criminals arrive for the score, the fate of the world hangs in the balance and they are forced to confront a villain much worse than they ever expected... themselves. It's the ultimate morality tale as, one by one, they realize the whole she-bang was a set-up and one of them may not even be human...
What also makes "Bitch Slap" different is a complicated "B" story device that runs throughout the film to illuminate character, backstory and relationship histories not previously revealed. Like the film "Memento," these scene flashbacks take place in reverse, so by the end of the film, you have a wholly different take on who these women are and why they are behaving so badly. Bet you never saw THAT in "Jailbait Babysitter"!
So grab your popcorn and fasten your safety belt. With "Cult Classic" written all over it, "Bitch Slap" is gonna be one wild ride.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Los Angeles, USA
- MPAA Warning: Brutal violence, strong sexual content & language throughout, and brief drug use
- Production Companies: Bombshell Pictures, IM Global
The movie is inspired by the movies of Dragstrip Girl, Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, Kung Fu Nun and the pantheon of Blaxploitation films.
2010 Guide Analysis: "Described as a parody and homage to exploitation cinema of the 50's to 70's, the film has been playing the festival circuit to good reviews and was said to have had Roger Ebert chuckling along. While it may be marketed to the macho guy crowd with all its fan service and action brou-ha-ha, it'll be the film geeks and the gay community who'll appreciate the sheer ridiculous camp of the whole endeavour.
There's spontaneous water fights, lipstick lesbian make-out sessions, an evil Japanese school girl, double entendres galore and cameos by many of those involved on "Xena" and "Hercules". The trailer does look like fun, though the prevalent and rather obvious blue-screen work for quite a few of the scenes does the film no favours. I'm not sure if this is one to bother with at the cinema, but it certainly holds more appeal and fun than a lot of other films like it (I'm looking at you "Zombie Strippers")."