- Cast: Emily Blunt, Rupert Friend, Paul Bettany, Miranda Richardson, Jim Broadbent, Thomas Kretschmann, Mark Strong, Jesper Christensen, Harriet Walter, Jeanette Hain, Julian Glover, Michael Maloney, Michiel Huisman, Genevieve O'Reilly, Rachael Stirling, Morven Christie, Josef Altin, Michaela Brooks, Grace Smith, Sophie Roberts, Charlie Clarke, Robert Cambrinus, Tom Fisher, Shaun Dingwall, Alice Glover, David Horovitch, Jo Hartley, Bernard Lloyd
- Director: Jean-Marc Vallee
- Writer: Julian Fellowes
- Producers: Sarah Ferguson, Tim Headington, Graham King, Martin Scorsese
- Co Producers: Denis O'Sullivan, Anita Overland
- Executive Producer: Colin Vaines
- Art Direction: Paul Inglis
- Casting: Susie Figgis
- Costume Design: Sandy Powell
- D.O.P.: Hagen Bogdanski
- Editors: Jill Bilcock, Matt Garner
- Makeup: Jenny Shircore
- Music: Ilan Eshkeri
- Production Design: Patrice Vermette
- Set Decoration: Maggie Gray
A romantic dramatisation of some of the events preceding and following the turbulent years in the 1830s surrounding the coronation of Queen Victoria and her love for Prince Albert, the suitor who wins her heart and becomes her partner in one of history's greatest romances.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: England, UK
- MPAA Warning: Some mild sensuality, a scene of violence, and brief incidental language and smoking
- Production Budget: £20 million
- Production Companies: GK Films
- Production Schedule: 13 August 2007 - October 2007
Producer Sarah Ferguson's daughter, Princess Beatrice of York, has a small role in the film as one of Victoria's ladies in waiting. Beatrice is a great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria.
Many of the interior scenes were filmed at Belvoir Castle in Leicestershire. The bed used in the honeymoon scene was slept in by the real Queen Victoria when she visited the castle in 1843. The bedroom is so small that all the cameras had to be placed outside the windows.
The very tall green bed cost £25,000 to build. It was purchased after filming by the Duke and Duchess of Rutland, owners of Belvoir Castle.
The 'seaside' scenes were filmed at Belvoir Castle, approximately 70 miles from the sea. The 'sand' is actually on the terrace (roof of the ground floor) of the castle. The surrounding Vale of Belvoir was digitally replaced with 'seawater'.
The costumes that Emily Blunt wore were insured for £10,000 each.
The floppy mesh bonnet Emily Blunt (Victoria) wears in the garden is the same one worn by Rosamund Pike (Jane Bennet) in Meryton when she learns Mr. Bingley has returned to Netherfield in Pride & Prejudice (2005), by Catherine Walker (Eleanor Tilney) in the garden with Catherine in Northanger Abbey (2007), and by an extra at church in Becoming Jane (2007).