- Cast: Michelle Monaghan, Nathan Fillion, Benjamin Bratt, Joey Lauren Adams, Jimmy Bennett, Mika Boorem, Brandon Hanson, Dennis Hayden, Bryce Johnson, Franklin Dennis Jones, Matthew Lawrence, Elizabeth Rivera, Johnny Simmons, Stephen Sowan
- Director: James Mottern
- Writer: James Mottern
- Producers: Scott Hanson, Galt Niederhoffer, Celine Rattray, Daniela Taplin Lundberg
- Co Producers: Carina Alves, Joy Goodwin, Riva Marker
- Executive Producers: John Allen, Bill Benenson, Frank Frattaroli, Pamela Hirsch, Robert Kessel
- Art Direction: Sara Petersen
- Costume Design: Johanna Argan
- D.O.P.: Lawrence Sher
- Editor: Deirdre Slevin
- Makeup: Keith Sayer
- Music: Mychael Danna
- Production Design: Cabot McMullen
- Set Decoration: Beth Wooke
Diane Ford (Michelle Monaghan), a vivacious and successful independent truck driver, leads a carefree life of long-haul trucking, one night stands and all-night drinking with Runner (Nathan Fillion) until the evening her estranged 11-year-old son, Peter (Jimmy Bennett) is unexpectedly dropped at her door. Peter hasn't seen his mother since he was a baby and wants to live with Diane as little as she wants him, but they are stuck with each other - at least for now, while his father Len (Benjamin Bratt) is in the hospital. Burdened with this new responsibility and seeing the life of freedom she's fought for now jeopardized, Diane steps reluctantly into her past and looks sidelong at an uncharted future that is not as simple or straightforward as she had once believed possible.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Los Angeles, USA
- MPAA Warning: Some sexuality, language, brief drug use involving minors, and a sexual assault
- Production Budget: $2 million
- Production Companies: Plum Pictures, Hanson Allen Films, Hart-Lunsford Pictures
Demi Moore was considered for the lead.
Michelle Monaghan learned to drive a big rig for the film.