- Cast: Jonah Hill, Rose Byrne, Russell Brand, Kali Hawk, Tom Felton, Elisabeth Moss, Katy Perry, Aziz Ansari, Colm Meaney, Pink, Christina Aguilera, Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs, Lars Ulrich, Nick Kroll, Meghan Markle, Meredith Vieira, DeRay Davis, Jim Piddock, Sheryl Chambers, Dee Snider, Jody Swafford, Lino Facioli, Robert Seay, Dinah Stabb
- Director: Nicholas Stoller
- Writers: Nicholas Stoller, Rodney Rothman
- Producers: Judd Apatow, Rodney Rothman, David Bushell
- Co Producer: Jason Segel
- Associate Producer: Phil Eisen
- Executive Producer: Richard Vane
- Art Direction: Erik Polczwartek
- Casting: Jeanne McCarthy
- Costume Design: Leesa Evans
- D.O.P.: Robert D. Yeoman
- Editors: William Kerr, Michael L. Sale
- Makeup: Kimberly Greene
- Music: Lyle Workman
- Production Design: Jan Roelfs
- Set Decoration: Leslie A. Pope
Aaron Greenberg (Hill) gets things done. The ambitious 23-year-old has exaggerated his way into a dream job just in time for a career-making assignment. His mission: Fly to London and escort a rock god to L.A.s Greek Theatre for the first-stop on a $100-million tour.
His warning: Turn your back on him at your own peril. British rocker Aldous Snow (Brand) is both a brilliant musician and walking sex. Weary of yes men and piles of money, the former front man is searching for the meaning of life. But that doesnt mean he cant have a few orgies while he finds it. When he learns his true love is in California, Aldous makes it his quest to win her backright before kick-starting his world domination.
As the countdown to the concert begins, one intern must navigate a minefield of London drug smuggles, New York City brawls and Vegas lap dances to deliver his charge safe and, sort of, sound. He may have to coax, lie to, enable and party with Aldous, but Aaron will get him to the Greek.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Las Vegas, USA; London, UK; Los Angeles, USA; New York City, USA
- MPAA Warning: Strong sexual content and drug use throughout, and pervasive language
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures, Relativity Media, Spyglass Entertainment, Apatow Productions
- Production Schedule: 12 May 2009 - 15 September 2009
2010 Guide Analysis: "A spin-off from 2008's "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" featuring Russell Brand reprising his scene-stealing Aldous Snow character, the film also reunites director Nicholas Stoller and co-star Jonah Hill who actually plays a new character this time around. A bunch of musicians are also set to cameo including Pink, Christina Aguilera, P. Diddy and Katy Perry.
Despite the various controversies that have plagued him, Brand's appeal is arguably stronger than ever and has successfully crossed the Atlantic in a way a lot of other UK actors and comedians have failed to achieve. Thus a re-teaming with the Apatow camp comes as no surprise, but there's always a danger in moving strong supporting characters to the fore and watering down their appeal, Johnny Depp's role in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequels for instance.
Some confusion has also emerged over the title which has varied between "Get Him to the Greek" and "Get Me to the Gig" with the later looking certain to be the international title as barely anyone outside the US has heard of LA's Greek theatre. 'Greek' may still be used States-side though."