- Cast: Audrey Tautou, Benoît Poelvoorde, Alessandro Nivola, Marie Gillain, Emmanuelle Devos, Régis Royer, Etienne Bartholomeus, Yan Duffas, Fabien Béhar, Roch Leibovici, Jean-Yves Chatelais, Pierre Diot, Vincent Nemeth, Bruno Abraham-Kremer, Lisa Cohen, Inès Bessalem, Marie-Bénédicte Roy, Emilie Gavois-Kahn, Fanny Deblock, Claude Brécourt, Karina Marimon, Marie Parouty, Jean-Chrétien Sibertin-Blanc, Marie-Josée Hubert, Patrick Laviosa, Kim Schwarck
- Director: Anne Fontaine
- Writers: Anne Fontaine, Camille Fontaine , Edmonde Charles-Roux
- Producers: Caroline Benjo, Philippe Carcassonne, Carole Scotta
- Casting: Antonia Dauphin
- Costume Design: Catherine Leterrier
- D.O.P.: Christophe Beaucarne
- Makeup: Christophe Giraud
- Music: Alexandre Desplat
A little girl who is sent with her sister to an orphanage in the heart of France, who waits in vain every Sunday for her father to come for her...
A cabaret performer with a weak voice who sings to an audience of drunken soldiers...
A humble seamstress, who stitches hems at the back of a provincial tailor's shop...
A young, skinny courtesan, to whom protector Etienne Balsan offers a safe haven, amongst the idle and decadent...
A woman in love who knows she will never be anyone's wife, refusing marriage even to Boy Capel, the man who returned her love...
A rebel who finds the conventions of her time oppressive, and instead dresses in her lovers' clothes...
This is the story of Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel, who begins her life as a headstrong orphan, and through an extraordinary journey becomes the legendary couturier who embodied the modern woman and became a timeless symbol of success, freedom and style.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Normandie, France; Paris, France
- MPAA Warning: Sexual content and smoking
- Production Budget: €19.4 million
- Production Companies: Haut et Court, Cine, Warner Bros. Pictures, France 2 Cinéma, Canal+, CinéCinéma, France 2, Films Distribution, Cofinova 5, Banque Populaire Images 9, Scope Picture
- Production Schedule: 15 September 2008 - December 2008
Keira Knightley was offered the role of Coco Chanel.
From 1934 to 1971 Coco Chanel made the Hotel Ritz, Paris, France her home. A suite, in honor of her memory, has been named after her: the Coco Chanel Suite.