- Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Tom Berenger, Michael Caine, Lukas Haas, Tohoru Masamune, Dileep Rao, Talulah Riley, Yuji Okumoto, Claire Geare, Carl Gilliard, Mobin Khan, Johnathan Geare
- Director: Christopher Nolan
- Writer: Christopher Nolan
- Producers: Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas
- Co Producer: Jordan Goldberg
- Associate Producer: Thomas Hayslip
- Executive Producer: Chris Brigham
- Art Direction: Frank Walsh
- Casting: John Papsidera
- Costume Design: Jeffrey Kurland
- D.O.P.: Wally Pfister
- Editor: Lee Smith
- Makeup: Luisa Abel
- Music: Hans Zimmer
- Production Design: Guy Dyas
- Set Decorations: Lisa Chugg, Paul Healy, Douglas A. Mowat
Dom Cobb is a skilled thief, the absolute best in the dangerous art of extraction, stealing valuable secrets from deep within the subconscious during the dream state, when the mind is at its most vulnerable.
Cobb's rare ability has made him a coveted player in this treacherous new world of corporate espionage, but it has also made him an international fugitive and cost him everything he has ever loved.
Now Cobb is being offered a chance at redemption. One last job could give him his life back but only if he can accomplish the impossible-inception. Instead of the perfect heist, Cobb and his team of specialists have to pull off the reverse: their task is not to steal an idea but to plant one. If they succeed, it could be the perfect crime.
But no amount of careful planning or expertise can prepare the team for the dangerous enemy that seems to predict their every move. An enemy that only Cobb could have seen coming.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Alberta, Canada; London, UK; Los Angeles, USA; Paris, France; Tokyo, Japan
- MPAA Warning: Sequences of violence and action throughout
- Production Budget: $200 million
- Production Companies: Warner Bros. Pictures, Legendary Pictures, Syncopy
- Production Schedule: 13 July 2009 - October 2009
2010 Guide Analysis: "Arguably the most mysterious and top secret project of the year, story details for the first post-"Dark Knight" film for Nolan are near impossible to come by. Insiders who've seen bits and pieces call it a 'game changer', a film that is really going to surprise and push boundaries. Shot in various places around the world for a considerable budget, it's astonishing in fact how little has gotten out aside from only some very basic casting descriptions.
A teaser trailer back in August just added to the confusion, showing a corporate action drama with a sci-fi bent - namely two guys in business suits fighting it out in the hallway while gravity kept shifting which had them falling and flying all over the place. A tagline saying 'Your mind is the scene of the crime' also raised questions. Subsequent posters and a second trailer didn't really clear up the situation, just adding more strange action from a recurring water motif to shots of cityscapes folding in on themselves.
A few days after the first trailer an apparent script review surfaced indicating the plot dealt with technology allowing one to enter people’s dreams and people using that tech to extract and steal information for their own purposes. It also had DiCaprio's character apparently on the run for his wife's murder. The validity of that report however has been called into question with nothing since backing up its claims, though the trailer action would fit that description. With Nolan though, whatever it is you can expect another somewhat cold but fascinating mindfuck along 'Prestige' lines."