- Cast: Ashton Kutcher, Katherine Heigl, Tom Selleck, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Mull, Katheryn Winnick, Rob Riggle, Kevin Sussman, Larry Joe Campbell, Lisa Ann Walter, Casey Wilson, Letoya Luckett, Ric Reitz, Mary Birdsong, Anna Colwell, Marvin Baldwin Jr., Yan Dron, Michael Daniel Cassady, Alex Borstein, Usher Raymond, John Atwood, Bruce Taylor, Sharan Mansfield, Ariel Winter, Jean-Charles Fonti, Nazareth Agopian
- Director: Robert Luketic
- Writers: Bob DeRosa, Ted Griffin
- Producers: Scott Aversano, Jason Goldberg, Mike Karz, Ashton Kutcher, Chad Marting, Christopher S. Pratt, Josie Rosen, Daniel Thom
- Co Producer: Karyn Murphy
- Executive Producers: William S. Beasley, Peter Morgan, Michael Paseornek, John Sacchi
- Castings: Deborah Aquila, Jennifer L. Smith, Mary Tricia Wood
- Costume Design: Johanna Argan
- D.O.P.: Russell Carpenter
- Editor: Mary Jo Markey
- Makeup: Tania McComas
- Music: Rolfe Kent
- Production Design: Missy Stewart
- Set Decoration: Michel Rollant
Spencer Aimes (Kutcher) is just your average, undercover, government-hired super-assassin accustomed to a life of exotic European locales, flashy sports cars and even flashier women. But when he meets Jen Kornfeldt (Heigl), a beautiful, fun-loving computer tech recovering from a bad break-up, he finds true love...and happily trades international intrigue for domestic bliss.
Three years later, Spencer and Jen are still enjoying a picture-perfect marriage - that is, until the morning after Spencer's 30th birthday. That's when Spencer and Jen learn he's the target of a multi-million dollar hit. Even worse, the hired killers have been stalking the happy couple for years, and could be anyone: friends, neighbors, the grocery store clerk, even that crabby old guy shuffling across the street.
Now Spencer and Jen are on the run for their lives. As their suburban paradise turns into a paranoid game of dodge-the-bullet, they must find out who wants Spencer dead and why, all the while trying to save their marriage, manage his in-laws, keep up neighborly appearances ... and just plain survive.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Atlanta, USA; Nice, France
- MPAA Warning: Violent action, sexual material and language
- Production Budget: $75 million
- Production Companies: Katalyst Films, Lionsgate
- Production Schedule: 27 March 2009 - June 2009
2010 Guide Analysis: "Originally titled "Five Killers" before being shortened to just "Killers", the film certainly will undergo comparisons to the following month's "Knight and Day" as both are romantic comedies where the guy is a super spy and the girl has no idea of his lifestyle until she becomes caught up in it.
'Killers' though more obviously is targeted at the date night crowd as it asks you to buy into the idea of Kutcher as a ruthless assassin. The movie scored a lot of free press due to filming, Kutcher tweeting about his chest waxing sessions and repeatedly photographed in skimpy wetsuit shorts climbing an anchor chain to get onto a ship. Heigl got injured enough that she's vowed never to do another action film.
Robert Luketic ("Legally Blonde") directs, though he's coming off a busy but unremarkable streak which included 2008's "21" and this year's "The Ugly Truth". Maybe he can make something of this, certainly the paranoia angle about their neighbours/friends being potential killers is a good idea that could well work. We'll likely get a better idea when a trailer hits."