- Cast: Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Chris Noth, David Eigenberg, Evan Handler, Jason Lewis, Mario Cantone, Willie Garson, Miley Cyrus, Penélope Cruz, Alice Eve, Max Ryan, Liza Minnelli, Omid Djalili, Raza Jaffrey, Tuesday Knight, Waleed Zuaiter, Noah Mills, Neal Bledsoe, Dhaffer L'Abidine, Goldy Notay, Raya Meddine
- Director: Michael Patrick King
- Writer: Michael Patrick King
- Producers: Michael Patrick King, John P. Melfi, Sarah Jessica Parker, Darren Star
- Co Producer: Eric M. Cyphers
- Associate Producers: Tiffany Hayzlett Parker, Melinda Relyea
- Executive Producers: Richard Brener, Toby Emmerich, Marcus Viscidi
- Art Directions: Miguel López-Castillo, Marco Trentini
- Casting: Bernard Telsey
- Costume Designs: Patricia Field, Jacqueline Oknaian, Jessica Replansky, Molly Rogers, Danny Santiago
- D.O.P.: John Thomas
- Editor: Michael Berenbaum
- Makeup: Nuria Sitja
- Production Design: Jeremy Conway
- Set Decoration: Lydia Marks
Series runner Michael Patrick King returns to pen the sequel to the 2008 blockbuster movie adaptation of HBO's Sex and the City with this Warner Bros. production, re-teaming the vivacious stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis once again for another glitzy romp through New York City high-life living.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Morocco; New York City, USA
- MPAA Warning: Some strong sexual content and language
- Production Budget: $80 million
- Production Companies: HBO Films, New Line Cinema, Village Roadshow Pictures
- Production Schedule: September 2009 - November 2009
Victoria Beckham pursued a role while Eva Green and Katie Holmes were considered for parts. Penélope Cruz shot her cameo in two hours.
2010 Guide Analysis: "Considering how many years it took to get the first "Sex and the City" film made, it's astonishing how quickly the sequel came together. Then again money wasn't a problem this time as, even with a 2.5 hour runtime and mixed reviews, the quite economical $65 million first film became an international success that generated $415 million in box-office and even more in DVD/Blu-ray and other tie-in sales.
All the key cast and crew have returned for the film which shot over much of the last half of 2009 in New York City. Part of the film was to be set in Dubai, not a big surprise considering how the emirate has become such a mecca for the ultra-rich and fashion-conscious. However UAE authorities blocked filming there because the show’s salacious content is seen to be at odds with the UAE’s more conservative culture. Filming moved to Morocco instead where a two-week shot was extended to over a month.
Storylines are being kept under wraps, though set photographs indicate we'll see flashbacks to the earlier years of the quartet while Samantha was spotted in a wedding dress. The film set scored a lot of famous visitors, some to cameo while others just dropping by with much speculation swirling over which ones will appear onscreen with Liza Minnelli, Miley Cyrus and Penélope Cruz all seemingly confirmed. John Corbett is also set to return as Carrie's one-time fiance Aidan Shaw."