- Cast: Justin Long, Hayden Panettiere, Dennis Hopper, Danny Glover, Larry Miller, Eric Price, Vicki Lewis, Chris Carmack, Kevin Sussman, Brian Donovan, Christina Ricci
- Directors: Anthony Bell, Ben Gluck
- Writers: Chris Denk, Steve Moore
- Producers: Ken Katsumoto, Steve Moore, Richard Rich
- Associate Producer: Timothy Yoo
- Executive Producers: Noah Fogelson, A.K. Madhavan, Michael Paseornek, Seemha Ramanna
- Art Direction: Mark Sonntag
- Casting: Bernie Van De Yacht
- Editor: Scott Anderson
- Music: Chris Bacon
- VFX Supervisor: Michelle Jacobs
Kate and Humphrey are two wolves who are nothing alike. Kate's an alpha wolf – to her, discipline, duty and responsibility are everything. On the other hand, Humphrey is an omega wolf -- fun, friends and frivolity are what are important to him. In the world of wolves, alphas and omegas don't mix, mingle or mate – such is pack law.
As the alpha wolf daughter of the western pack leader, Kate is arranged to marry Garth, the alpha wolf son of the eastern pack leader, not for love but to prevent a deadly war between the two packs. But the marriage is put on hold when, unbeknownst to anyone, Kate and Humphrey are taken by park rangers from their home in Jasper Park, Canada and relocated to Sawtooth Park, Idaho.
Desperate to get back in time to marry Garth and prevent war, and battling each other’s different points of view, the long distance and a few bears and porcupines along the way, Kate and Humphrey must work together to make the long journey home to their beloved Jasper Park. But Kate and Humphrey soon discover a new obstacle: somewhere along the way, Kate and Humphrey have fallen in love.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: India; Los Angeles, USA
- MPAA Warning: Rude humor and some mild action
- Production Companies: Crest Animation Productions, Lions Gate Family Entertainme
- Production Schedule: February 2008 - December 2008
2010 Guide Analysis: Mini-major Lionsgate dips its legs in the 3D computer animation waters with the family-friendly story of timber wolves? Just make sure the kids don't try to pet one next time they visit the zoo. The animation here is being done by an outfit in Burbank called Crest Animation Productions which up until now has been contributing most of its output to India's animation industry. The project marks their first major co-production and is the first of a multi-picture partnership with the distributor should this succeed. The team behind it have worked on the likes of "Open Season," "The Boondocks" and "Brother Bear 2" which doesn't give one much cause for excitement.