- Cast: Michael Caine, Thelma Barlow, Linzey Cocker, Adam Drinkall, Anne-Marie Duff, Garrick Hagon, Keith Hargreaves, Rosemary Harris, Ralph Ineson, Angie Inwards, Charli Janeway, Karl Johnson, Miles Jupp, Bill Milner, David Morrissey, Leslie Phillips, Ralph Riach, Elizabeth Spriggs, Sylvia Syms, Peter Vaughan
- Director: John Crowley
- Writer: Peter Harness
- Producers: David Heyman, Peter Saraf, Marc Turtletaub
- Co Producer: Rosie Alison
- Executive Producers: Christine Langan, David M. Thompson
- Art Direction: Lynne Huitson
- Casting: Fiona Weir
- Costume Design: Jane Petrie
- D.O.P.: Rob Hardy
- Editor: Trevor Waite
- Makeup: Fae Hammond
- Music: Joby Talbot
- Production Design: Kave Quinn
- Set Decoration: Gemma Ryan
Set in 1980s seaside England, this is the story of Edward, an unusual ten year old boy growing up in an old people's home run by his parents. Whilst his mother struggles to keep the family business afloat, and his father copes with the onset of mid-life crisis, Edward is busy tape-recording the elderly residents to try and discover what happens when they die.
Increasingly obsessed with ghosts and the afterlife, Edward's is a rather lonely existence until he meets Clarence, the latest recruit to the home, a retired magician with a liberating streak of anarchy. Is There Anybody There? tells the surprising, touching story of this odd couple - a boy and an old man - facing life together, with Edward learning to live in the moment and Clarence coming to terms with the past.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: East Sussex, UK; Hertfordshire, UK; Kent, UK;
- MPAA Warning: Language including sexual references, and some disturbing images
- Production Companies: Big Beach Films, Heyday Films
The last film of Elizabeth Spriggs, she died during post production.