- Cast: Rachel Weisz, Max Minghella, Oscar Isaac, Ashraf Barhom, Michael Lonsdale, Rupert Evans, Richard Durden, Sami Samir, Manuel Cauchi, Homayoun Ershadi, Oshri Cohen, Harry Borg, Charles Thake, Yousef 'Joe' Sweid, Amber Rose Revah, Clint Dyer, Jordan Kiziuk, Angele Galea, Christopher Raikes
- Director: Alejandro Amenábar
- Writers: Alejandro Amenábar, Mateo Gil
- Producer: Fernando Bovaira
- Executive Producer: Simón de Santiago
- Art Directions: Dominique Arcadio, Matthew Gray, Stuart Kearns, Jason Knox-Johnston, Frank Walsh
- Castings: Jina Jay, Edward Said
- Costume Design: Gabriella Pescucci
- D.O.P.: Xavi Giménez
- Makeup: Lesley Smith
- Music: Alejandro Amenábar
- Production Design: Guy Dyas
- Set Decoration: Larry Dias
Set in Alexandria, Egypt in 370 AD. This tells the story of astrologer-philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria and her relationship with her slave Davus, who is torn between his love for his mistress and the possibility of gaining his freedom by joining the rising tide of Christianity.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Malta
- Production Budget: $73 million
- Production Companies: Cinebiss, Himenóptero, Mod Producciones, Telecinco
- Production Schedule: 17 March 2008 - 27 June 2008
Alejandro Amenábar wrote the script with Rachel Weisz in mind to play Hypatia, the lead character.
The set was built on the exact same spot (Fort Ricasoli, Malta) where the Coliseum was built for Gladiator (2000).
Apart for being the same spot were Gladiator (2000) was filmed, Fort Ricasoli was also used for Ceasar (2002), Helen of Troy (2003) and Troy (2004).
There were days when shooting had to delay for a few seconds. This was because of the nearby churches of Kalkara, Vittoriosa amongst others which had their bells activated at mid-noon. The bells could be heard from the sets of Ricasoli.