- Cast: Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman, Devon Aoki, Sean Pertwee, Benno Fürmann, John Malkovich, Anna Walton, Tom Wu, Steve Toussaint, Luis Echegaray, Pras Michel, Shauna Macdonald, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Christopher Adamson, Nicholas Ball
- Director: Simon Hunter
- Writer: Philip Eisner
- Producers: Stephen Belafonte, Tim Dennison, Peter La Terriere, Pras, Edward R. Pressman
- Co Producer: Suraj Gohill
- Associate Producer: Sarah Ramey
- Executive Producers: Stephane Bibeau, Alessandro Camon, Steve Christian, Charles Finch, Jon Katz, Fredrik Malmberg
- Art Direction: Jamie Campbell
- Castings: Andrea Clark, Jeremy Zimmerman
- Costume Design: Yves Barre
- D.O.P.: Geoff Boyle
- Editors: Sean Barton, Alison Lewis
- Music: Richard Wells
- Production Design: Caroline Greville-Morris
At the end of the Ice Age, The Machine came from the outer space with the purpose to change men into mutants. However, a hero defeated the device and a great seal was laid over The Machine. In 2707, the depleted world is ruled by four Corporations: Mishima, Bauhaus, Capitol and Imperial that are in constant war.
During a battle between Capitol and Bauhaus, the great seal is broken and The Machine works again transforming soldiers and civilians in hordes of mutants. A small part of the population escapes to Mars, leaving millions of people behind.
The man of faith and leader of an ancient brotherhood Brother Samuel is a believer of God and the Chronicles, a bible about the mutants. With the city under siege of the mutants, he visits the Corporations' leader Constantine asking for an aircraft and twenty men for a suicide mission to destroy The Machine, planting a bomb and a detonator following the knowledge of the Chronicles.
He recruits the tough Major 'Mitch' Hunter; the Bauhaus Lieutenant Maximillian von Steiner; the keeper of the Chronicles Severian that is under a vow of silence; the gorgeous and lethal Corporal Valerie Duval; Corporal Juba Kim Wu; Captain John McGuire; and Corporal Jesus 'El Jesus' de Barrera. Together they become the last hope of Earth against the evil mutants.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Isle of Man, UK; Surrey, UK
- MPAA Warning: Strong bloody violence and language throughout
- Production Companies: Edward R. Pressman Film, First Foot Films, Grosvenor Park Productions, Paradox Entertainment
- Production Schedule: 30 May 2006 - 31 July 2006
This film was originally offered to following directors, in order: - Stephen Norrington - John Carpenter - Roger Christian.
The Mutant Chronicles universe was first a Pen and Paper role-playing game published by Swedish game studio Target Games. There were also several boardgames, a set of tabletop wargaming rules (with associated lines of miniatures), as well as comic books.
The characters of Mitch Hunter and Max Steiner were previously playable in the video game "Doom Troopers" for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.