- Cast: Sasha Grey, Christopher Santos, Peter Zizzo, Timothy J. Cox, Jeff Grossman, Bill Dow, Bridget Storm, Ken Myers, Ted Jessup
- Director: Steven Soderbergh
- Writers: Brian Koppelman, David Levien
- Producers: Mark Cuban, Gregory Jacobs, Todd Wagner
- Casting: Carmen Cuba
- Costume Design: Christopher Peterson
- D.O.P.: Steven Soderbergh
Set in the weeks leading up to the 2008 presidential election, "The Girlfriend Experience" is five days in the life of Chelsea (adult film star Sasha Grey in her mainstream film debut), an ultra high-end Manhattan call girl who offers more than sex to her clients, but companionship and conversation – "the girlfriend experience." Chelsea thinks she has her life totally under control—she feels her future is secure because she runs her own business her own way, makes $2000 an hour, and has a devoted boyfriend (Chris Santos) who accepts her lifestyle. But when you're in the business of meeting people, you never know who you're going to meet...
The twentieth film from Academy Award-winning director Steven Soderbergh, "The Girlfriend Experience" is a sexy, gorgeously shot time capsule from the not-too-distant past.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: New York City, USA
- MPAA Warning: Sexual content, nudity and language
- Production Budget: $1.7 million
- Production Companies: 2929 Productions, HDNet Films
A call girl advertising the provision of a "girlfriend experience" is implying that she provides deep French kissing, "full service" (intercourse) with protection, and oral sex without protection.