- Cast: Megan Fox, Amanda Seyfried, Johnny Simmons, Adam Brody, Sal Cortez, Ryan Levine, Juan Riedinger, Colin Askey, Chris Pratt, Juno Ruddell, Kyle Gallner, Josh Emerson, J.K. Simmons, Amy Sedaris, Cynthia Stevenson, Nicole Leduc, Aman Johal, Dan Joffre, Candus Churchill, Carrie Genzel, Emma Gallello, Megan Charpentier, Jeremy Schuetze, Valerie Tian
- Director: Karyn Kusama
- Writer: Diablo Cody
- Producers: Daniel Dubiecki, Mason Novick, Jason Reitman
- Co Producer: Brad Van Arragon
- Executive Producer: Diablo Cody
- Art Direction: Paolo G. Venturi
- Castings: Heike Brandstatter, Mindy Marin, Coreen Mayrs
- Costume Design: Katia Stano
- D.O.P.: M. David Mullen
- Editor: Plummy Tucker
- Makeup: Monica Huppert
- Musics: Stephen Barton, Theodore Shapiro
- Production Design: Arvinder Grewal
- Set Decoration: Joanne Leblanc
Jennifer Check (Megan Fox) is the sexy, popular captain of the high school cheerleading squad. All of the girls want to be friends with her, and all of the boys want to have sex with her. Jennifer's friend since childhood, Anita "Needy" Lesnicky (Amanda Seyfried), is a nerdy, substantially less popular, "plain jane" student.
Jennifer ends up as the sacrifice in a Satanic ritual, held by a rock band, hoping that the sacrifice will increase their chances of getting a record deal. The ritual goes horribly wrong, causing Jennifer to get possessed by a demon and start feeding off of the boys in her high schoolfirst seducing them to get close, and then consuming them in a manner similar to that of a Succubus. It becomes Needy's goal to stop Jennifer from killing more of her classmates
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Vancouver, Canada
- MPAA Warning: Sexuality, bloody violence, language and brief drug use
- Production Companies: Fox Atomic, Hard C
- Production Schedule: 17 March 2008 - 15 May 2008
Diablo Cody wrote the screenplay for the film in 2006, the same year she wrote Juno (2007).
The first one sheet was unveiled at the Comic-Con convention in San Diego during July 2008. The poster showed the Megan Fox character Jennifer licking a drop of blood from her lips.
The filmmakers considered actual rock stars like Peter Wentz and Joel Madden for the role of musician Nikolai. The role eventually went to Adam Brody.
The title is from the song "Jennifer's Body" by Courtney Love's band Hole.
Promotional material for the movie was released up to 15 months before the release date.
The initial Script leaked online in early 2008.