- Cast: Kevin Bacon, Justin Bartha, Maggie Q, Orlando Bloom, James Caan, Hayden Christensen, Blake Lively, Julie Christie, Bradley Cooper, Chris Cooper, Drea de Matteo, Eddie D'vir, Carla Gugino, Ethan Hawke, John Hurt, Irfan Khan, Shia LaBeouf, Cloris Leachman, Natalie Portman, Rachel Bilson, Shu Qi, Christina Ricci, Olivia Thirlby, Goran Visnjic, Eli Wallach, Saul Williams, Robin Wright Penn, Anton Yelchin, Burt Young, Ugur Yucel
- Director: Various
- Writers: Fatih Akin, Yvan Attal, Alexandra Cassavetes, Hu Hong, Shunji Iwai, Olivier Lecot, Joshua Marston, Suketu Mehta, Yao Meng, Anthony Minghella, Jeff Nathanson, Natalie Portman, Stephen Winter, Andrei Zvyagintsev
- Producers: Marina Grasic, Emmanuel Benbihy
- Co Producer: Parker C. Bennett
- Associate Producers: Laurent Constanty, Warren T. Goz, Stewart McMichael, Pierre Asseo
- Executive Producers: Steffen Aumueller, Michael Benaroya, Susanne Bohnet, Rose Ganguzza, Pamela Hirsch, Taylor Kephart, Jan Korbelin, Marianne Maddalena, Celine Rattray, Bradford W. Smith, Glenn M. Stewart
- Art Direction: Katya DeBear
- Castings: Kerry Barden, Paul Schnee
- Costume Design: Victoria Farrell
- D.O.P.s: Benoît Debie, Pawel Edelman, Michael McDonough, Declan Quinn, Mauricio Rubinstein
- Editors: Jacob Craycroft, Affonso Gonçalves, Mark Helfrich, Allyson C. Johnson, Craig McKay
- Makeup: Stephen Kelley
- Musics: Tonino Baliardo, Nicholas Britell, Paul Cantelon, Mychael Danna, Ilhan Ersahin, Jack Livesey, Shoji Mitsui, Mark Mothersbaugh, Peter Nashel, Atticus Ross, Leopold Ross, Claudia Sarne, Marcelo Zarvos
- Production Design: Teresa Mastropierro
- Set Decoration: Sheila Bock
In the city that never sleeps, love is always on the mind. Those passions come to life in this collaboration of storytelling from some of today's most imaginative filmmakers and featuring an all-star cast. Together they create a kaleidoscope of the spontaneous, surprising, electrifying human connections that pump the city's heartbeat. Sexy, funny, haunting and revealing encounters unfold beneath the Manhattan skyline. From Tribeca to Central Park to Brooklyn, the story weaves a tale of love as diverse as the very fabric of New York itself.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: New York City, USA
- MPAA Warning: Language and sexual content
- Production Budget: $14.7 million
- Production Companies: Vivendi Entertainment, Palm Pictures, Sherazade Films, Benaroya Pictures, Grosvenor Park Media, Ever So Close, Visitor Pictures, Plum Pictures, 2008NY5, Grand Army Entertainment, Also Known As Pictures
- Production Schedule: 10 March 2008 - 30 April 2008
In March 2008, Abraham Karpen, a 25-year-old member of the insular Williamsburg, New York, Hasidic (ultra-Orthodox Jewish) community, dropped out of filming on the orders of his community's rabbis. Karpen had been playing the role of the husband of Natalie Portman's character. Their segment had most probably already been shot, since Natalie's site contains a photo gallery from two days of shooting (12 and 13 March 2008) and the filming was supposed to take two days. Abraham's face is now closed with a picture of Keira Knightley's face in the photo gallery.
Shot over a period of 36 days.
Natalie Portman's directorial debut.
The segment "Upper East Side" was to have been directed by Anthony Minghella who passed away shortly before its filming. Anthony himself asked Shekhar Kapur to replace him in their last conversation. After Anthony's death, Shekhar wrote in his blog, "I will direct the film now - with Anthony in my heart and in presence of his soul."
Natalie Portman (who directs and stars in segments of this film) also starred in one of the segments of this anthology's predecessor, Paris, je t'aime (2006).
James Caan and Andy Garcia play Sonny Corleone and his illegitimate son Vincent respectively in the "Godfather" series.
Two actresses who have played love interests of Hayden Christensen (who also appears in this film) are in this film: Natalie Portman and Rachel Bilson.
The film was first shown at the Toronto Film Festival in September 2008 and was two segments longer. One of the segments was black and white, directed by Scarlett Johansson (another directorial debut) and starred Kevin Bacon. The other was made by Russian director Andrei Zvyagintsev and featured Carla Gugino, Goran Visnjic and Nicholas Purcell. The film was re-edited later to cut the two segments.