- Cast: Scott Speedman, Rachel Blanchard, Noam Jenkins, Devon Bostick, Kenneth Welsh, Aaron Poole, Dominic Cuzzocrea, Katie Boland, Arsinée Khanjian, Geraldine O'Rawe, Hailee Sisera, Soo Garay, Ieva Lucs, Priscilla Poland
- Director: Atom Egoyan
- Writer: Atom Egoyan
- Producers: Atom Egoyan, Simone Urdl, Jennifer Weiss
- Associate Producer: Marcy Gerstein
- Executive Producers: Robert Lantos, Laurent Pétin, Michele Halberstadt
- Art Direction: Barry Isenor
- Castings: John Buchan, Jason Knight
- Costume Design: Debra Hanson
- D.O.P.: Paul Sarossy
- Editor: Susan Shipton
- Makeup: Suzanne Benoit
- Music: Mychael Danna
- Production Design: Phillip Barker
- Set Decoration: Jim Lambie
"Adoration" speaks to our connections -- with each other, with our family history, with technology and with the modern world.
Sabine, a high school French teacher, gives her class a translation exercise based on a real news story about a terrorist who plants a bomb in the airline luggage of his pregnant girlfriend.
The assignment has a profound effect on one student, Simon, who reads his version to the class and then takes it to the Internet. He has created a false identity, which allows him to probe a family secret. As Simon uses his new persona to journey deeper into his past, the public reaction is swift and strong. Then an exotic woman revels her true identity and the truth about Simon's family emerges.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Toronto, Canada
- MPAA Warning: Language
- Production Budget: $4.7 million
- Production Companies: Ego Film Arts
- Production Schedule: 17 September 2007 - 22 October 2007
The film was first shown in May 2008 at the Cannes Film Festival. Adoration won the Prize of the Ecumenical Jury and was nominated for the Palme d'Or.