- Cast: Nia Vardalos, Richard Dreyfuss, Rachel Dratch, María Adánez, Macarena Benites, Sheila Bernette, Heather Blair, María Botto, Jareb Dauplaise, Alexis Georgoulis, Simon Gleeson, Caroline Goodall, Alistair McGowan, Christina Mitropoulou, Ralph Nossek, Natalie O'Donnell, Ian Ogilvy, Brian Palermo, Sophie Stuckey, Harland Williams
- Director: Donald Petrie
- Writer: Mike Reiss
- Producers: Michelle Chydzik Sowa, Nathalie Marciano
- Co Producers: Mark Albela, Peter Friedlander, Denise O'Dell
- Associate Producer: Denis Pedregosa
- Executive Producers: Gary Goetzman, Tom Hanks, Peter Safran, Rita Wilson
- Art Direction: Jonathan McKinstry
- Casting: Makis Gazis
- Costume Designs: Lala Huete, Lena Mossum
- D.O.P.: José Luis Alcaine
- Editor: Patrick J. Don Vito
- Makeup: Gregorio Ros
- Music: David Newman
- Production Design: David Chapman
From Nia Vardalos, writer and star of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," comes the uplifting comedy "My Life in Ruins." Georgia (Nia Vardalos) has lost her kefi (Greek for "mojo"). Discouraged by her lack of direction in life, she works as a travel guide, leading a rag-tag group of tourists as she tries to show them the beauty of her native Greece while waiting to land her dream job. Opening their eyes to an exotic foreign land, she too begins to see things in new ways—finding her kefi and possibly love in the process.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Athens, Greece; Valencia, Spain
- MPAA Warning: Sexual content
- Production Budget: $17 million2
- Production Companies: 26 Films, Kanzaman, Playtone Productions, Playtone
The script is originally by Mike Reiss (The Simpsons, The Simpsons Movie), based on his travel experiences, but it was later re-written by Vardalos (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) after she became involved.
The film is set on location in Greece and Alicante, in Spain, including Guadalest and Javea. This was the first time that an American film studio was allowed to film on location at the Acropolis; the Greek government gave the studio its approval after Vardalos sought permission to film several scenes there.