- Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Catherine Keener, Jamie Foxx, Stephen Root, Tom Hollander, Angela Featherstone, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Justin Martin, Rachael Harris, Marissa Ghavami, Justin Rodgers Hall, David Jean Thomas, Ilia Volok, Nelsan Ellis, Michael Bunin, Maggie Wagner, Tiffany Scott, Wayne Lopez, Hallie Lambert
- Director: Joe Wright
- Writer: Susannah Grant
- Producers: Gary Foster, Russ Krasnoff
- Co Producer: Rikki Lea Bestall
- Executive Producers: Tim Bevan, Patricia Whitcher
- Art Direction: Suzan Wexler
- Casting: Francine Maisler
- Costume Design: Jacqueline Durran
- D.O.P.: Seamus McGarvey
- Editor: Paul Tothill
- Music: Dario Marianelli
- Production Design: Sarah Greenwood
- Set Decorations: Julie Smith, Katie Spencer
Based on the true story of musical prodigy Nathaniel Ayers, who developed schizophrenia in his second year at Juilliard and ended up homeless on the streets of downtown L.A. where he performs the violin and cello. The drama is based on the relationship the musician developed with Steve Lopez, a Los Angeles Times reporter whose column informed the script, as did a book Lopez is writing that Putnam will publish in the spring.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Cleveland, USA; Los Angeles, USA
- MPAA Warning: Thematic elements, some drug use and language
- Production Budget: $60 million
- Production Companies: DreamWorks SKG, Krasnoff Foster Productions, Working Title Films
- Production Schedule: 21 January 2008 - April 2008
- In the film, Steve Lopez is portrayed as divorced. However, his real life counterpart remains happily married. Lopez said that while having himself portrayed as recently single in the film was a bit weird, it was much more important to him that the film makers captured the themes of his articles rather than absolute facts.
- The film was previously titled "Imagining Beethoven".