- Cast: Amy Adams, Emily Blunt, Alan Arkin, Jason Spevack, Steve Zahn, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Clifton Collins Jr., Eric Christian Olsen, Kevin Chapman,Christine Begay, Lois Geary, Judith Jones, Amy Redford, Rebekah Wiggins, Maddie Corman, Gina Malvestuto, McKenna Hutton, Pab Schwendimann
- Director: Christine Jeffs
- Writer: Megan Holley
- Producers: Jeb Brody, Peter Saraf, Marc Turtletaub, Glenn Williamson
- Co Producer: Bob Dohrmann
- Associate Producer: Dan Genetti
- Art Direction: Guy Barnes
- Casting: Avy Kaufman
- Costume Design: Alix Friedberg
- D.O.P.: John Toon
- Editor: Heather Persons
- Makeup: Tarra D. Day
- Production Design: Joseph T. Garrity
- Set Decoration: Wendy Ozols-Barnes
A single mom and her slacker sister find an unexpected way to turn their lives around in the off-beat dramatic comedy Sunshine Cleaning. Directed by Christine Jeffs (Rain, Sylvia), this uplifting film about an average family that finds the path to its dreams in an unlikely setting screened in competition at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival.
Once the high school cheerleading captain who dated the quarterback, Rose Lorkowski (Academy Award® nominee Amy Adams) now finds herself a thirty something single mother working as a maid. Her sister Norah, (Golden Globe® winner Emily Blunt), is still living at home with their dad Joe (Academy Award® winner Alan Arkin), a salesman with a lifelong history of ill-fated get rich quick schemes.
Desperate to get her son into a better school, Rose persuades Norah to go into the crime scene clean-up business with her to make some quick cash. In no time, the girls are up to their elbows in murders, suicides and other…specialized situations. As they climb the ranks in a very dirty job, the sisters find a true respect for one another and the closeness they have always craved finally blossoms. By building their own improbable business, Rose and Norah open the door to the joys and challenges of being there for one another--no matter what--while creating a brighter future for the entire Lorkowski family.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Albuquerque, USA
- MPAA Warning: Language, disturbing images, some sexuality and drug use
- Production Companies: Back Lot Pictures, Big Beach Films, Clean Sweep Productions
- Production Schedule: February 2007 - April 2007