- Cast: Carla Gugino, AnnaSophia Robb, Dwayne Johnson, Christine Lakin, Cheech Marin, Tom Everett Scott, Ciarán Hinds, Chris Marquette, Alexander Ludwig, Garry Marshall, Meredith Salenger, Suzanne Krull, Dennis Hayden, Billy Brown, Paul Nygro, Ian Tindell, Whitley Strieber, Robert Torti, Bob Clendenin, Ike Eisenmann, Omar J. Dorsey, Lee Reherman, Garrett Patrick Marshall, Dave Engfer
- Director: Andy Fickman
- Writers: Matt Lopez, Mark Bomback, Andy Fickman
- Producer: Andrew Gunn
- Executive Producers: Mario Iscovich, Ann Marie Sanderlin
- Art Direction: John R. Jensen
- Castings: Sarah Finn, Randi Hiller
- Costume Design: Genevieve Tyrrell
- D.O.P.: Greg Gardiner
- Editor: David Rennie
- Makeup: Louis Lazzara
- Music: Trevor Rabin
- Production Design: David J. Bomba
For years, stories have circulated about a secret place in the middle of the Nevada desert, known for unexplained phenomena and strange sightings. It is called Witch Mountain, and when a Las Vegas cab driver (Dwayne Johnson) finds two teens with supernatural powers in his cab, he suddenly finds himself in the middle of an adventure he can't explain.
When they discover that the only chance to save the world lies in unraveling the secrets of Witch Mountain, the race begins, as the government, mobsters and even extraterrestrials try to stop them. "Race to Witch Mountain" is a fun and thrilling adventure featuring incredible special effects.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Las Vegas, USA; Los Angeles, USA
- MPAA Warning: Sequences of action and violence, frightening and dangerous situations, and some thematic material
- Production Companies: Walt Disney Pictures, Gunn Films
- Production Schedule: March 2008 - July 2008
Fickman does not describe the film as a remake, defining his production as "a new chapter within the world of Witch Mountain."
The director also described the book in which the films are based as "a very cool dark thriller" and anticipated drawing elements from it that did not exist in the 1975 film.
The convention center in Pomona, California was converted into the film's UFO Expo 9, and the interior of Witch Mountain was designed using photographs from a tour of NORAD's Cheyenne Mountain.
The director sought assistance from UFO experts, the military, and CIA advisers to shape the elements of the film.
Fickman also introduced a new element in the remake, an extraterrestrial creature called Siphon. The creature was conceived by the design team who created the look for Alien and Predator.