- Cast: Sandra Bullock, Thomas Haden Church, Bradley Cooper, Ken Jeong, DJ Qualls , Keith David, Katy Mixon, Howard Hesseman, Beth Grant, M.C. Gainey, Holmes Osborne, Delaney Hamiton, Jason Jones, Carlos Gomez, George Sharperson, Christina Carlisi, Joe D'Angerio, Shanda Laurent, Kerri Kenney, Wayne Grace, P.J. Marino, Mickey Giacomazzi, Noah Munck, Bridget Shergalis
- Director: Phil Traill
- Writer: Kim Barker
- Producers: Sandra Bullock, Mary McLaglen
- Associate Producer: Jeffrey Harlacker
- Executive Producers: Trevor Engelson, Ted Field, Nick Osborne
- Art Direction: Austin Gorg
- Castings: Juel Bestrop, Seth Yanklewitz
- Costume Design: Gary Jones
- D.O.P.: Tim Suhrstedt
- Editors: Rod Dean, Virginia Katz
- Makeup: Ann Masterson
- Music: Christophe Beck
- Production Design: Maher Ahmad
- Set Decoration: Gene Serdena
Crossword puzzle constructor Mary Horowitz (Bullock) is smart, pretty - and a natural disaster that shakes news cameraman Steve (Cooper) to the core. Set up on a blind date with Steve, Mary thinks the chemistry is undeniable and just knows she's found her soulmate.
She decides to do anything and go anywhere to be with him. Mary's escalating infatuation is encouraged by the self-serving actions of news reporter Hartman Hughes (Church) who enjoys torturing his insolent cameraman at every opportunity. As the news team crisscrosses the country covering breaking news stories, Steve becomes increasingly unhinged as Mary trails them. But when the overzealous Mary becomes embroiled in the news story of the year, Steve and Hartman begin to see her differently.
Hartman is plagued by guilt knowing his game of one-upmanship with Steve has placed her squarely in harms way while Steve is feeling his own pangs of remorse at his callous behavior. Despite the media storm surrounding her, Mary with her upbeat unaffected manner not only brings everyone together but finds her own oddball friends and discovers her true place in the world.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Santa Clarita, USA
- MPAA Warning: Sexual content including innuendos
- Production Companies: Fortis Films, Fox 2000 Pictures, Radar Pictures
- Production Schedule: 30 July 2007 - 3 October 2007
Parts of the film were shot at Mayfield Senior School in Pasadena, California. Scenes featuring the collapsed mine and sink hole were filmed at The Walt Disney Company’s Golden Oak Ranch in Canyon Country, California.
In the scene when Mary is soaking in the tub, the opera piece that is playing is being sung by Helga Bullock - Sandra's mother.