- Cast: Sam Huntington, Chris Marquette, Dan Fogler, Kristen Bell, Jay Baruchel, Carrie Fisher, Seth Rogen, Danny Trejo, William Shatner, David Denman, Jaime King, Ray Park, Christopher McDonald, Joe Lo Truglio, Billy Dee Williams, Lou Taylor Pucci, Allie Grant
- Director: Kyle Newman
- Writers: Ernest Cline, Adam F. Goldberg, Dan Pulick
- Producers: Evan Astrowsky, Dana Brunetti, Matthew Perniciaro, Kevin Spacey
- Executive Producers: Kevin Mann, Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein
- Castings: Anne McCarthy, Jay Scully
- Costume Design: Johanna Argan
- D.O.P.: Lukas Ettlin
- Editor: Seth Flaum
- Music: Mark Mothersbaugh
- Production Design: Cory Lorenzen
- Set Decoration: Kimberly Wannop
It's 1998 and Star Wars fanboys across the globe eagerly await the release of Episode I. But for Eric, Linus, Hutch and Windows the term "fanboy" is more than just a title, it's a badge of honor. Spurred by impatience and an undying loyalty to their cause, these former high school friends reunite to undertake the road trip of their fan-tasies. Traveling West across the country to visit their Mecca - George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch - the plan is to break in, steal the film and stake their claim as the first fanboys in history to watch it. But to secure their place in the fanboy hall of fame, they'll have to contend with bizarre bikers, a crazy pimp, a deranged group of trekkies and the quiet intensity of William Shatner.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: New Mexico, USA
- MPAA Warning: Pervasive crude and sexual material, language and drug content
- Production Companies: Trigger Street Productions, Coalition Film, Picture Machine, The Weinstein Company
- Production Schedule: 22 February 2006 - May 2006
Originally Jorge Garcia was attached to play Harry Knowles, but scheduling conflicts with "Lost" (2004) caused him to turn down the role. Then, Kevin Smith stepped in and was reportedly very enthusiastic, but some last-minute editing for Clerks II (2006) forced him to step down.
The scene with the "Star Trek" (1966) fans in full costume dedicating the Captain James T. Kirk birthplace statue as they confront the Star Wars fans was shot on location in the Town Square Park Plaza of Las Vegas, NEVADA. You can see the historic Plaza Hotel in the background in certain shots.
The passenger side door of the van has the word "fanboys" written on it in the ‘Star Wars’ Aurebesh alphabet and mirrored.
An early promotional poster of this movie said "Coming To Our Galaxy in 2007". It was never released that year.
The movement that opposed Harvey Weinstein's cut of the movie was called the Stop Darth Weinstein campaign
The additional shots made in November and December 2007, weren't done by original director Kyle Newman but by Steven Brill.